VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As the title says whenever i increase my playback speed the video plays normally for about a second then the next half second it slows down a bit then the framerate goes back up again, it does this constantly throughout playback, its as if the player is unsure of how fast to spit out frames so it spits out a lot but then it notices its putting out too many and then slows the video down to compensate for whatever playback speed was selected. Is there any setting i can change to fix this problem, i'm in the process of testing out VLC if it has the same issue, the VLC on my android plays the videos smoothly with increased playback speed.

i5-7200u
    gtx940mx
    8gb ram
    512gb ssd
    mpc-hc 1.8.6.5
    madVR / evr renderer
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just to demonstrate what i mean i opened fraps and played a video, fraps shows the video playing at a constant 24fps when on 1.0 playback speed, when i increase the playback speed to 1.2 for example, the framerate goes up to 30 but instead of staying there it constantly bounces between 28-31fps which is causing the choppiness, it should play at a single consistent framerate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. What audio renderer are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    What audio renderer are you using?
    LAV Audio + ffdshow audio decoder
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    What audio renderer are you using?
    Thanks man, seems you are right, i disabled ffdshow raw audio decoder and now its no longer choppy. I know ffdshow is old but it has an equalizer which i badly need, is there any good audio decoders that comes with an equalizer since LAV doesn't come with one.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Windows' default drivers don't include an equalizer but if you download the full drivers from the manufacturer of the audio device (usually RealTek) you'll have one built into the drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Windows' default drivers don't include an equalizer but if you download the full drivers from the manufacturer of the audio device (usually RealTek) you'll have one built into the drivers.
    Thanks, I'll look into that.
    Quote Quote