VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have just downloaded and am trialing VSDC Video Editor, 64 bit version.I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I wanted to crossfade two clips that I have on separate tracks on the timeline. So I select one of the clips, place the cursor near its end, then ask for Editor/Video Effects/Transparency/ Fade Out- from cursor position.

But immediately the dialog box to set the fade properties, shows up, the two clips I had there disappear and the message

"There are no object to display" shows. If I OK the fade out, then all I am left with is the crossfade itself, not the two clips I had before.

In one instance, before I had realised what was happening, the remaining fade out was turned 90 deg in the Preview window.

Any help appreciated.

Nick
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Crossfade is normally accomplished by sliding the clips together and make an overlap. Does that not work for you?

Everything should be visual in this day and age.
    Last edited by budwzr; 28th Jun 2019 at 13:19.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply.

Yes that is what I am used to, from Vegas. But not in VSDC ! If you overlap clips

After asking this question I started to understand what happens: when you ask to create a fade in or fade out etc, you create a new Layer over the clip you are working with. On that Layer are only the Fade-ins and outs and other transitions/FX that affect that clip. At some time in the near future I will hopefully work out why it is done in such a complex manner....there has to be a reason.

Nick
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Keep us posted then.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Will do. Apart from this feature I am finding the workflow to be pretty easy to pick up

Nick
    Quote Quote