VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone. I am trying to convert all my old vhs tapes and put them onto dvd. I have borrowed a player which is a bush DVRHS02. My first issue was that I had some DVD-R and the machine would not recognise the disks at all. After a little research I realised that that type of disk is indeed not compatible. Luckily I found some DVD+R which the machine recognised so I began transferring our old family videos. Once done I played them back on the machine and they worked fine. I took an old new years eve party on disc to my dads to show him and tried to play it on his laptop. sadly it would not play. At home I tried the disk on a Ps4 and it would not play. I thought the disk were finalised by the machine as towards the end of the recording process it suggested that it had done this automatically. I am now trying to play the disk in the bush recorder and even that wont read the disk it burned itself....which I find odd. I could do with some help as my knowledge of doing this is not is obviously 0. Thankyou.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Cheap discs? There's only one reliable manufacture left, Verbatim. And only thier AZO discs are reliable. You won't find them on the shelf at your local Best Buy or Staples.

https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-DataLifePlus-Inkjet-Printable-Surface/dp/B000A0CV9S/
    https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-4-7GB-Recordable-Media-Disc/dp/B003ZDNZSS/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can you view the disc in a computer? Programs like Nero have software which can tell you if he disc is indeed finalized.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My own experience of DVD+R is that you have to manually finalise the disk n the machine e immediately after the recording - not rely on what the screen tells you.

Even these disks you have recorded/played back on the recorder (I suspect without removing the disk) would require finalization. But if that finalization went ascrew, or as jagabo put it using cheap media, who knows what could happen.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thankyou for your replies. The disks I am using are TDK. The Bush machine does not have a function to independently finalise a disk. I have been through all the settings. I dont have the funds to buy disks and was hoping to be able to use the ones I had found stashed around my house. I have not tried it on my pc as yet but will do just incase. My other option is to record to a re-writable disk then transfer to pc as data. At least the footage will be upgraded to digital and saved for the future in some capacity. My pc is not great and crashes alot so I will have to be patient. I have a blue ray burner so I could at least then transfer the data onto 1 or 2 disks and maybe an external Hdd. I know this is a different ball game if i then wish to transfer to disk as video but the most important thing is to keep the footage long term. Does this sound like a better plan ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have borrowed a player which is a bush DVRHS02.
    http://3wires.net/manuals/BushHVRS02.pdf

Page 22 has a 'Finalize' menu.
    Quote Quote