VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!
    I have a Sony SLV-125 vcr that have some problems with rewinding tapes, hence I ask here in hope to get some help! The problem is that some tapes won’t rewind. In some cases I hear something spinning but there is no change on the timing display and no rewinding, in other cases it rewinds for a while before this behaviour starts and in other cases it works perfectly fine and rewinds as it should. There are no problems with playback or fast forwarding, I can also use the ”play rewind” which doesn’t give any of these symptoms. I’ve checked the belt which looks fine and I have cleaned the tape path, does anyone have any ideas what the issue might be? At this moment it’s mostly i mild nuissance but I’m afraid that the problems with the vcr might cause damage to my tapes.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Check the idler and clutch. Very commonly, the idler does not swing into proper contact with the reel table, or they are too worn/dirty for adequate friction. Clutches can wear out or malfunction so that not enough energy is transferred to the idler.
    Quote Quote  
  3. In general and been brief, sensors inside this devices needs feedback from some sensors to inform the main controller that everything is running ok, if one of them fails the rule of thumb it is to stop whatever the deck is doing. It might has some relation with the sensor it self, the communication lines the sensor uses that got cut because of a electrolytic capacitor leak, a electrolytic capacitor, etc.
    This devices have too many moving parts, they need maintenance over the years and there is nothing you can do to fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Might be just the tapes that have the problem,do the tapes that rewind always rewind good?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. "Keeping it Weird" Austinfilmstock's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use these kind of items for my Beta and VHS machines. Might help you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kinyo-UV-520-VHS-Video-Tape-Rewinder-Auto-Stop-Eject-VCR-USED...IAAOSwXVpdEnfd
    Quote Quote