VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by EHarlen View Post
    I'm going to say it's not possible. He says it's "fixed", but I don't think he was the one doing the fixing. Or if he did fix it it wasn't with AVISynth since he mentions Photoshop.
    The detail that was "fixed" simply does not exist in the before picture.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hehe, I don't even see what was fixed, unless it's that frame thing to the right of the guy. The before looks kind of unclear and jaggy while the after is more precise, or something. In any event, if that's it, you take a good version of it from the previous or next frame and replace the bad with the good. Not hard and any photo editor can do that. Then you simply replace the bad frame with the good in the script. The number is the frame number to be replaced, and the fixed frame is given that number.

Q=ImageSource("42402.bmp",End=42402).ConvertToYV12 ()
    ReplaceFramesSimple(Last,Q,Mappings="42402")###Rep lacing Edited Frame

ReplaceFramesSimple is a part of stickboy's RemapFrames. You might also be able to interpolate a good frame from the two good frames before and after the bad frame. It doesn't look like there's much movement so it should work well. If there's no movement, BadFrames will work well.
    Last edited by manono; 24th Jun 2019 at 14:03.
    Quote Quote  
  3. "so with stock footage from other episodes..."

The script would depend on what episodes or footage you have available , or you can use other tools (probably better for this type of repair, because it involves compositing)
    Quote Quote  
  4. You need a deblocking filter followed by QTGMC(InputType=1) or a temporal noise reducer. Or for individual frames you might consider replacing them with a frame motion interpolated from the frame before and after. But you'll have to locate the frames manually. Upload a sample of the source (don't reencode).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Would it be helpful for me to use anti-aliasing?

If yes, what anti-aliasing?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by EHarlen View Post
    Would it be helpful for me to use anti-aliasing?
    Not for the main problem (macroblock artifacts)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
    Originally Posted by EHarlen View Post
    I'm going to say it's not possible. He says it's "fixed", but I don't think he was the one doing the fixing. Or if he did fix it it wasn't with AVISynth since he mentions Photoshop.
    The detail that was "fixed" simply does not exist in the before picture.
    I'm gonna have to agree. They couldn't have fixed that with an avisynth script using the source in the first image.

I think what they did was take those messed up scenes/frames and replaced them with scenes/frames from another source of the same movie. I believe what they are calling fixed is the issue they mentioned the video had, by them doing the frame replacements from another source or different parts of the same source.
    Quote Quote