VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread
  1. Hi friends!

    I'm capturing an old VHS to a friend, and bellow is an example how the quality of this VHS is:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview 01.png
Views:	44
Size:	815.3 KB
ID:	49451
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview 02.png
Views:	50
Size:	899.4 KB
ID:	49452

    I don't have so much experience with avisynth, and I'm having difficult to do some adjusts.

    Do you have some tips, for avisynth, that can help me adjusts the colous of this VHS?
    Maybe some way to reduce theese "orange" colours, and increase others.
    (I think that this orange is much because of an ambient with incandescent illumination).

    I already make somes atempts with RGBAdjust, but, dont reach goods results

    If you need more images, or some video sample, let me know.
    Last edited by dedediadema; 23rd Jun 2019 at 21:53.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It might be better if you uploaded a 10 second sample from the source, one that shows the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Most of the colour tone in those images is down to the white balance being too warm. Don't really use avisynth but looking at it there seems to be a whitebalance script available so I would start with that. Any further corrections you could then perform with the rgbadjust although it would be much more minor than going with what you have now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try starting with ColorYUV(autowhite=true).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    It might be better if you uploaded a 10 second sample from the source, one that shows the problem.
    I attached a video sample.

    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Try starting with ColorYUV(autowhite=true).
    I already try this. But the results are kind weird.

    Originally Posted by stunner21 View Post
    Most of the colour tone in those images is down to the white balance being too warm. Don't really use avisynth but looking at it there seems to be a whitebalance script available so I would start with that. Any further corrections you could then perform with the rgbadjust although it would be much more minor than going with what you have now.
    Ok. I will search something about this.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Here's what I got from the video, ~same frame as the first image in the original post:

    Image
    [Attachment 49470 - Click to enlarge]


    Code:
    AviSource("sample(1).avi")  # YUY2 source
    AssumetFF()
    
    ConvertToRGB(matrix="rec601")
    RGBAdjust(rb=-14, gb=-18, bb=-17) # blacks to ~0
    RGBAdjust(r=0.87, b=1.25) # white balance
    RGBAdjust(rg=1.3, gg=1.3, bg=1.3) # gamma to lighten the shadows a bit
    ConvertToYUY2(matrix="rec601")  # back to YUY2
    The earlier portion with the cake is still very yellow though.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Here's what I got from the video, ~same frame as the first image in the original post:

    Image
    [Attachment 49470 - Click to enlarge]


    Code:
    AviSource("sample(1).avi")  # YUY2 source
    AssumetFF()
    
    ConvertToRGB(matrix="rec601")
    RGBAdjust(rb=-14, gb=-18, bb=-17) # blacks to ~0
    RGBAdjust(r=0.87, b=1.25) # white balance
    RGBAdjust(rg=1.3, gg=1.3, bg=1.3) # gamma to lighten the shadows a bit
    ConvertToYUY2(matrix="rec601")  # back to YUY2
    The earlier portion with the cake is still very yellow though.
    Thank You jagabo! I think that this will help. Maybe somes adjusts here and there, and will be good.

    My problem with ColorYUV(autowhite=true) is most because I can't make adjusts.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads