VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello people I'm making a DVDrip of a music video and I have the following question

you know how to deinterlace a DVD . with interpolation, for example the filter Decomb + Eddi2 Bob is a very good thing, but you know how to use it in Avisynth ? since the QTGMC is good but takes away a lot of detail and applies many other things that take time and quality and I'm not convinced by the results in this specific case.

Handbrake & Vidcoder have an option that works very well and gives good results with DECOMB + EDDIE2 Bob , But I can not use it in the Script of avisynth .... you know this ....could help me please .

I would like to use the DECOMB + EDDIE2 Bob in the avisynth but I do not find a good guide with examples to choose the best option.

and all the guides about DECOM + EDDIE2 Bob I find are very complicated to understand, maybe some expert can help me understand and use these video deinterlaces properly in the Avisynth.

I repeat... I try all-inclusive QTGMC ,and the others and none gives good results. the best result is in Handbrake with DECOMB + EDDIE2 Bob . but how can you use it in the Avisyntyh ? any examples for this video please.

thank so much for the help

Here I leave a small part of the video so you can help me, thank you very much.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S4q33x7GYDh4NiBkibDNMvg0rKqZvFlS

https://www44.zippyshare.com/v/QUx6UbwQ/file.html
    Last edited by zerowalk; 22nd Jun 2019 at 14:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. nnedi3(field=3)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    nnedi3(field=3)
    hello , thanks for the reply , but thats all ?

What would the script be like? I need 1 to have an example and save it please . thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MPEG2Source("C:\Users\C\Desktop\VTS_30_1.d2v", cpu=0)

Crop ???
    Spline64Resize ???

nnedi3(field=3)

Prefetch(16)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for your help
    Last edited by zerowalk; 22nd Jun 2019 at 13:48.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by zerowalk View Post
    you know how to deinterlace a DVD NTSC Film
    NTSC film isn't interlaced.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I looked at the clip quickly, isn't it shot on video and thus it's interlaced?
    I would have thought bob would be better; make a 59.98 progressive video

Brings back some memories, had a friend years ago who was a massive Zappa fan
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    ok....i delete that part .. thank you for the answer but what I'm looking for is a solution and an example of how to deinterlace + EDDIE2 or 3 in this video .. everything else you can comment is meaningless. but thanks for your time ...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

yeah like me I'm an old zappa fan.

Will you have any examples of an avysnth script please?

thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

thanks for your help
    I did a test encode in Vidcoder. Do you need Avisynth for a particular reason?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

thanks for your help
    I did a test encode in Vidcoder. Do you need Avisynth for a particular reason?
    yes, the main reason is that sometimes you want to edit or apply other things that are not present in vidcoder, besides learning to use it in avisynth because it is very useful.

I don't want to depend on those programs are always very limited.

would an example be possible in avisynth please with those interpolation options

etc . thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
  10. That clip was once normal interlaced video. But somebody resized it incorrectly and the two fields have been co-mingled. So there's no way to restore the original motion. You can simulate how an interlaced TV might display the remaining mangled video:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("VTS_30_1.d2v") 
    nnedi3(field=3) # 60p
    [Attachment 49428 - Click to enlarge]

Or blur the two fields together to make it look like a blend deinterlace:

Code:
    Blur(0.0, 1.0) # 30p
    [Attachment 49429 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  11. I already tried everything I found on the internet and I do not find an effective solution so I ask here for someone to help me with the video. Thank you very much for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That clip was once normal interlaced video. But somebody resized it incorrectly and the two fields have been co-mingled. So there's no way to restore the original motion. You can simulate how an interlaced TV might display the remaining mangled video:

Code:
    nnedi3(field=3) # 60p
    [Attachment 49428 - Click to enlarge]

Or blur the two fields together to make it look like a blend deinterlace:

Code:
    Blur(0.0, 1.0) # 30p
    [Attachment 49429 - Click to enlarge]
    thank you for the answer, and for the resize ? what you think is the right size ? there is some rule or trick to find the right size for a DVDrip ?

thanks so much for your help
    Last edited by zerowalk; 22nd Jun 2019 at 16:50.
    Quote Quote  
  13. DVDs come in only two aspect ratios: 4:3 and 16:9. 4:3 in this case.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    ok....i delete that part .. thank you for the answer but what I'm looking for is a solution and an example of how to deinterlace + EDDIE2 or 3 in this video .. everything else you can comment is meaningless. but thanks for your time ...
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote