VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a pretty standard LG Blu-ray writer in my PC. I'm in the process of putting my Blu-ray collection on a Plex server right now using AnyDVD, and I'm blown away by how many read errors this thing comes up with. Unless I'm dealing with a disc that's brand new out of the box day 1, it will have a read error or two for most movies. Looking at the discs under a light, I really cannot see anything wrong with them. I take really good care of my discs, always keep them in the case, and handle them with care. Maybe a few of them have tiny tiny marks, but nothing major. All of these discs play perfectly fine in a Blu Ray player, with no skipping at all. Do I have a worn out burner in the PC? The drive is about 4 years old and I've used it fairly well, but not crazy.

The number of errors I get totally doesn't make sense given the fact they all play perfectly well all the way through without skipping. I don't get it.

What fixes it often times is taking the disc out and "cleaning" it with a microfiber cloth, but not all the time. Is it that sensitive?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try cleaning the lens.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Guphanti View Post
    I have a pretty standard LG Blu-ray writer in my PC. I'm in the process of putting my Blu-ray collection on a Plex server right now using AnyDVD, and I'm blown away by how many read errors this thing comes up with. Unless I'm dealing with a disc that's brand new out of the box day 1, it will have a read error or two for most movies. Looking at the discs under a light, I really cannot see anything wrong with them. I take really good care of my discs, always keep them in the case, and handle them with care. Maybe a few of them have tiny tiny marks, but nothing major. All of these discs play perfectly fine in a Blu Ray player, with no skipping at all. Do I have a worn out burner in the PC? The drive is about 4 years old and I've used it fairly well, but not crazy.

The number of errors I get totally doesn't make sense given the fact they all play perfectly well all the way through without skipping. I don't get it.

What fixes it often times is taking the disc out and "cleaning" it with a microfiber cloth, but not all the time. Is it that sensitive?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    are you using the latest version of AnyDVD ??
    did you try updating your drives firmware ??
    and is your internet connection working for bluray decryption removal ??
    read errors are usually caused by a dirty or scratched disc - defective disc
    or sometimes the copy protection isn't getting properly removed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    I have a pretty standard LG Blu-ray writer in my PC. I'm in the process of putting my Blu-ray collection on a Plex server right now using AnyDVD, and I'm blown away by how many read errors this thing comes up with. Unless I'm dealing with a disc that's brand new out of the box day 1, it will have a read error or two for most movies. Looking at the discs under a light, I really cannot see anything wrong with them. I take really good care of my discs, always keep them in the case, and handle them with care. Maybe a few of them have tiny tiny marks, but nothing major. All of these discs play perfectly fine in a Blu Ray player, with no skipping at all. Do I have a worn out burner in the PC? The drive is about 4 years old and I've used it fairly well, but not crazy.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Yes to all. It’s more consistent with a disc issue, but it’s so sensitive to discs that anything short of a brand new Blu-Ray taken straight out of the box and put in the drive will get a few errors during the rip in random sectors. Often taking it out, cleaning with a cloth, and then putting it back in and pressing “Try again” in AnyDVD a ton of times can help.

One other major thing I forgot to point out is that whenever this happens, the rate in AnyDVD will suddenly drop from 20 or so MBPS to about 0.03, and I hear a clicking coming from the drive.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Yes to all. It’s more consistent with a disc issue, but it’s so sensitive to discs that anything short of a brand new Blu-Ray taken straight out of the box and put in the drive will get a few errors during the rip in random sectors. Often taking it out, cleaning with a cloth, and then putting it back in and pressing “Try again” in AnyDVD a ton of times can help.

One other major thing I forgot to point out is that whenever this happens, the rate in AnyDVD will suddenly drop from 20 or so MBPS to about 0.03, and I hear a clicking coming from the drive.

try uninstalling your BD drive, restart your computer and let windows reinstall the BD drives.
    then retry ripping your blu-ray discs. also try the tip in post #24 - https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/are-my-rips-slow.68585/page-2
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes the disc manufacture deliberate make read errors in the disc as a form of copy protection.

That clicking sound is a physical read error what the drive try's to read again and again.

You can try with isobuster to copy the whole disc to hard drive, if there are the same read errors you can try with a different disc drive (if you have one).
    Most likely your drive is deffective hence this
    Unless I'm dealing with a disc that's brand new out of the box day 1,
    Quote Quote