VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I know there's the adware issue , but I mainly stopped using because it had a few problems with hevc playback. Prior to that I used a portable adware version of it.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Can't recall ever running into an adware version, but do recall some alternate download sources (versions ?) being linked here. And my (minimal) use of this player had more to do with not particularly liking its user interface. But if I ever ran into a playback problem on some video -- with the "Go To" players VLC and MPC-BE -- I would probably take a look at how PotPlayer handled it, as a cross-check.

Another curious thing that I never quite figured out: sometimes subtitles will show up in one player, but not in another. That is, no matter what you set in Settings or the pulldown menus. But the subs were indeed present in (.MKV) or with the video (Srt., .SUB + .IDX, etc.), otherwise no player would display them.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 16th Jan 2023 at 15:56.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote