I am trying to access the 1080p Version of a Streaming Video. However the 1080p M3U8 appears to be Hidden.
When I access the Main M3U8 file (WITHOUT the Session Key) I can see all available video quality options which include 1080p, 720p, 480p, and lower.
However, when streaming the video and accessing the same Main M3U8 file (WITH the Session Key), the highest quality available is 720p.
The Session Key, send by the server during streaming, determines the video qualities you have access to, and it simply is not allowing me to access the 1080p stream.
My first thought was video quality limitations associated with particular devices and browsers, but that does not appear to be the case here. I have tried on Firefox, Chrome, Safari, MS Explorer and Edge. Windows 7, Windows 10, iPad Air 2, iPhone XR, Galaxy S9, and even through the service's APP itself. They all only allow the 720p stream.
Before you say that 1080p just simply isnt available, I know for a fact that it is. I know someone currently releasing 1080p Video Rips from this service, and have spoken to them myself to confirm that 1080p is indeed available. However, they have no interest in sharing their method.
The Session Key is generated when sending a POST request to the API, which I can replicate. I used to be able to Modify the Request and re-send it to access the Session Key that gave access to the 1080p stream, but now it only gives me up to the 720p stream instead.
Here is the Main M3U8 file (WITHOUT the Session Key) that clearly shows that 1080p is available [noted as k.m3u8]:
The Session Key uses "Base64-encoding", yet I can't decode it for some reason using base64decode. It uses the Uplynk "cqs and kid" encoding. You can read more about it here:Code:https://content.uplynk.com/ext/21885d134fa441488df8e1d7acee8c66/72255342ea84439aa428fcea0dae3182.m3u8
So the Main Main M3u8 link (WITH Session key) looks like this:
The Video I am trying to access is 100% FREE and Unlocked to anyone in the USA. No membership or subscription service is required to access it, so it should not directly violate any rules.Code:https://content.uplynk.com/ext/21885d134fa441488df8e1d7acee8c66/72255342ea84439aa428fcea0dae3182.m3u8?cqs=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&kid=YYYYYYYYYYYY
Here is the streaming link:
Any help in accessing the 1080p [k.m3u8] stream would be appreciated.Code:https://disneynow.go.com/shows/mickey-and-the-roadster-racers/season-02/episode-09-supercharged-pop-star-helpers-the-chip-n-dale-500/vdka4929880?pid=PL553044961
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Are you saying that no known player or app can actually play 1080p? Even not roku or apple tv or smart tv?
Not. He says that the server does not give 1080p resolution. But this is a controversial statement. Youtube-dl downloads even higher resolution.
youtube-dl. It downloads the "j" variant (3578k b/r), not the "k" variant (5108k b/r).
[Go] vdka4929880: Downloading webpage [Go] VDKA4929880: Downloading JSON metadata [Go] VDKA4929880: Downloading JSON metadata [Go] VDKA4929880: Downloading m3u8 information [info] Available formats for VDKA4929880: format code extension resolution note ULNK_MPD unknown_video unknown ULNK-62 mp4 96x54 62k , avc1.42000a, 6.0fps, mp4a.40.5 ULNK-133 mp4 192x108 133k , avc1.42000b, 15.0fps, mp4a.40.5 ULNK-242 mp4 288x162 242k , avc1.42000c, 15.0fps, mp4a.40.5 ULNK-441 mp4 448x252 441k , avc1.420015, 30.0fps, mp4a.40.5 ULNK-750 mp4 768x432 750k , avc1.4d001e, 30.0fps, mp4a.40.5 ULNK-1201 mp4 992x558 1201k , avc1.4d001f, 30.0fps, mp4a.40.5 ULNK-1682 mp4 1056x594 1682k , avc1.4d001f, 30.0fps, mp4a.40.5 ULNK-2081 mp4 1088x612 2081k , avc1.4d001f, 30.0fps, mp4a.40.5 ULNK-2589 mp4 1152x648 2589k , avc1.4d001f, 30.0fps, mp4a.40.5 ULNK-3578 mp4 1280x720 3578k , avc1.64001f, 30.0fps, mp4a.40.5 (best)
There is a "k" variant (5108k) hls playlist variant but it is not sent with the various signatures appended.
The dash manifest ULNK_MPD appears to be 404.
Looking at the API endpoint variables, I don't see a variable change that could produce a signature that would include the k variant playlist.
There is a device variable in the API endpoint strings, but it produces the same signature for all of the following devices:
001 device:computer 002 device:ipad 003 device:iphone_ipod_touch 007 device:windows_8_app 009 device:android 011 device:apple_tv 012 device:roku 015 device:amazon_fire_tv 017 device:xbox 023 device:apple_tv 030 device:android_tv 009_25 device:android
In the past, I was able to send a modified POST request to "...playmanifest_secure.json", and by changing a few variables like the Device ID to a different number to simulate playback from a different streaming device [device=001 to device=XXX] I was able to obtain a response with a token that allowed me to access the main m3u8 with with k.m3u8 as an option. That is no longer the case.
I have attempted to capture network traffic from multiple devices (computers, ipads, high end phones) and none of them have given me access to 1080p.