VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    Looking at the API endpoint variables, I don't see a variable change that could produce a signature that would include the k variant playlist.

There is a device variable in the API endpoint strings, but it produces the same signature for all of the following devices:

Code:
    001 device:computer
    002 device:ipad
    003 device:iphone_ipod_touch
    007 device:windows_8_app
    009 device:android
    011 device:apple_tv
    012 device:roku
    015 device:amazon_fire_tv
    017 device:xbox
    023 device:apple_tv
    030 device:android_tv
    009_25 device:android
    OP's friend who can get the k variant playlist signature must have found some sort of hole in the API.
    Is your mailbox full? I was unable to respond to your last PM.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Updated link for a FREE Unlocked Video Example:

Code:
    https://disneynow.com/shows/hotel-transylvania/season-02/episode-05-cries-and-dolls-hypnosferatu/vdka13471005
    Again, trying to download the video in 1080p.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So it has come to my attention that downloading 1080p videos in a playable DECRYPTED format is no longer possible by any means. So the only way to actually obtain them is to first download the ENCRYPTED video, and then obtain the three (3) Decryption Keys to manually decrypt the video (and audio).

In order to obtain these Decryption Keys, you would need a Device Private Key that supports newer cdm versions. For example, some of the tools that are able to download videos from NetFlix (like NFTool or Nap36) contain a Device Private Key to do so. However most of the semi-publicly available ones use a Device Key that only supports Older cdm versions and is therefore no longer useful.

If anyone on here is able to obtain the 1080p Decryption Keys for videos on DisneyNow, and is willing to share them privately via PM, please let me know. I can obtain the ENCRYPTED Video and Audio myself, so all I need is the Decryption Keys themselves.

Originally Posted by slimozis View Post
    @slimozis - I heard that you might be able to obtain the keys I am looking for.
    I am sure there are other members here that can as well. Please PM me if you are willing to help.

THANKS

**All requested videos are 100% FREE for Streaming. No Subscription, Membership, or Login/Password Needed.
    Last edited by save8lot; 27th Dec 2019 at 04:30.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still looking for Help in obtaining Decryption keys for DisneyNOW Episodes (Not to be confused with the newer Disney+ service). These episodes are 100% FREE, No Subscription, or Membership needed. If anyone can offer me assistance in obtaining the keys on my own then that would be ideal. If not, then perhaps someone here can grab a few keys for me instead.

The series I am most interested in is Hotel Transylvania The Series Season 2 (currently 14 Episodes). Since there appears to be no way to directly download the 1080p Video Quality anymore, I am simply requesting the Decryption Keys for each episode (there are 3 Keys needed per episode).

Link to episodes (S02E01 - S02E14) [NOT interested in Shorts]:
    Code:
    https://disneynow.com/shows/hotel-transylvania
    Again, Only interested in 1080p Video Quality.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by save8lot; 7th Feb 2020 at 01:17.
    Quote Quote  
  5. to try your link, need to do login.
    but registering on the various sites is not easy...
    if you want us to try you must provide a login.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    to try your link, need to do login.
    but registering on the various sites is not easy...
    if you want us to try you must provide a login.
    Sorry I had not updated the link in the main post for a while. Here is an example video. It is 100% FREE to access [in the USA]. No Login required.

Code:
    https://disneynow.com/shows/hotel-transylvania/season-02/episode-01-welcome-to-human-park-must-scream-tv/vdka13411249
    *Again, I am only interested in 1080p, no other quality.
    Quote Quote  
  7. i'm outside of USA
    tried with 3 different locations in the USA using a VPN but always with the same result
    [Attachment 51893 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    i'm outside of USA
    tried with 3 different locations in the USA using a VPN but always with the same result
    [Attachment 51893 - Click to enlarge]
    Keep refreshing works here with Hola Free VPN Proxy Unblocker connected to USA on Google Chrome
    Last edited by ChezBompaLawijt; 7th Feb 2020 at 12:12.
    Quote Quote  
  9. mmm... i have used other VPN software but however always connected to USA (3 different location) but nothing work.
    try another VPN extension (always USA) same result
    try Opera with VPN USA and not work...
    Quote Quote  
  10. i don't see video, but it's very simple to download with yt-dl (and choose resolution):
    Code:
    youtube-dl -F "https://disneynow.com/shows/hotel-transylvania/season-02/episode-01-welcome-to-human-park-must-scream-tv/vdka13411249"
    if you want 1280x720 resolution
    Code:
    youtube-dl -f  ULNK-3471 "https://disneynow.com/shows/hotel-transylvania/season-02/episode-01-welcome-to-human-park-must-scream-tv/vdka13411249"
    if you want 1080x612 resolution
    Code:
    youtube-dl -f  ULNK-2034 "https://disneynow.com/shows/hotel-transylvania/season-02/episode-01-welcome-to-human-park-must-scream-tv/vdka13411249"
    then save8lot what is the problem??
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    i don't see video, but it's very simple to download with yt-dl (and choose resolution):
    Code:
    youtube-dl -F "https://disneynow.com/shows/hotel-transylvania/season-02/episode-01-welcome-to-human-park-must-scream-tv/vdka13411249"
    if you want 1280x720 resolution
    Code:
    youtube-dl -f  ULNK-3471 "https://disneynow.com/shows/hotel-transylvania/season-02/episode-01-welcome-to-human-park-must-scream-tv/vdka13411249"
    if you want 1080x612 resolution
    Code:
    youtube-dl -f  ULNK-2034 "https://disneynow.com/shows/hotel-transylvania/season-02/episode-01-welcome-to-human-park-must-scream-tv/vdka13411249"
    then save8lot what is the problem??
    yeah it's easy to download 720p but he wants the 1080P version or the keys
    Quote Quote  
  12. sorry i don't understand the problem...
    i have post (very easy) 2 different resolution, including also 1080x612 resolution...
    what do you mean with 1080P?
    and keys... what keys?
    and among all the available resolutions, is it possible that none is adequate ??
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    sorry i don't understand the problem...
    i have post (very easy) 2 different resolution, including also 1080x612 resolution...
    what do you mean with 1080P?
    and keys... what keys?
    and among all the available resolutions, is it possible that none is adequate ??
    *Again, I am only interested in 1080p, no other quality. he wants the 1920x1080 resolution of the video or the decryption keys of the video
    Quote Quote  
  14. ah ok.
    with 1080 you mean 1920x1080...
    but this resolution it is not included in the list of available resolutions...
    best (or max) is 1280x720 then how can you expect a resolution that does not appear in the list of available formats ??
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    ah ok.
    best (or max) is 1280x720 then how can you expect a resolution that does not appear in the list of available formats ??
    1920x1080 plays in browser but is hidden according to save8lot
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    ah ok.
    When you use youtube-dl, the software is only accessing the resolutions available in the M3U8 file, which currently is only up to 1280x720. Like you said, that is VERY EASY to do, so I do not need any help with that.

What I need help with is downloading the 1920x1080 resolution which is currently only available in the MPD which is protected by widevine drm.

The 1920x1080 resolution is available, in fact is plays by default when streamed on a Computer Browser. It is listed as "K". If you take a look at the web console while streaming, you will see the "K_init.mp4" file, followed by hundreds of "K00000000.m4f" files. That is the 1920x1080 resolution broken into fragments/segments. The Audio works the same way, but is listed as "TK" instead.

Those segments can be downloaded individually and then concatenated to create the full 1080p video, but even if you do that the file is ENCRYPTED. So you need a way to request the three (yes 3) decryption keys from the server to decrypt it [plus audio].

...... Unless of course someone here can figure out a way to directly download the un-encrypted 1080p video again.

Ultimately you are going to need some way to bypass newer widevine cdm encryption, like a Private Device Key to request those keys from the server.

I hope all that is clear. I just want you to understand that is a lot more difficult than just using youtube-dl. However I do still appreciate any attempt at helping, so thank you.
    Last edited by save8lot; 8th Feb 2020 at 02:24.
    Quote Quote  
  17. ok, excellent explanation.
    unable to view the video, despite the VPNs, i had not understood well what you wanted.
    now i understand correctly.
    I hope someone can help you. A greeting
    Quote Quote  
  18. There is indeed a 1080p version as it shows on Allavsoft with this link >> https://content.uplynk.com/ext/21885d134fa441488df8e1d7acee8c66/13f988c1a2284f7da4e0c3...b7fc0c3ac.m3u8

it failed to download maybe because i'am not in the us and dont have a vpn to try maybe it works for you
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1080p.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	51901  

Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChezBompaLawijt View Post
    There is indeed a 1080p version as it shows on Allavsoft with this link >> https://content.uplynk.com/ext/21885d134fa441488df8e1d7acee8c66/13f988c1a2284f7da4e0c3...b7fc0c3ac.m3u8

it failed to download maybe because i'am not in the us and dont have a vpn to try maybe it works for you
    As I explained in my first post of this thread, if you open the M3U8 file WITHOUT the Browser Session key (?cqs=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&kid=YYYYYYYYY), the 1080p video quality is indeed listed, but without that session key it is not downloadable. Unfortunately, once the session key is added to the link, the option for 1080p is removed and 720p becomes the highest available quality.

Even if you could download the 1080p quality from the M3U8 (without the session key) it would be Encrypted. So just like grabbing it from the MPD playlist, you would still need the decryption keys.

It used to be possible to modify the POST request to the authorize.json API to get a session key that allowed access to the 1080p quality, but that method no longer works.

Thanks for trying to help.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by save8lot View Post
    There is indeed a 1080p version as it shows on Allavsoft with this link >> https://content.uplynk.com/ext/21885d134fa441488df8e1d7acee8c66/13f988c1a2284f7da4e0c3...b7fc0c3ac.m3u8

As I explained in my first post of this thread, if you open the M3U8 file WITHOUT the Browser Session key (?cqs=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&kid=YYYYYYYYY), the 1080p video quality is indeed listed, but without that session key it is not downloadable. Unfortunately, once the session key is added to the link, the option for 1080p is removed and 720p becomes the highest available quality.

Even if you could download the 1080p quality from the M3U8 (without the session key) it would be Encrypted. So just like grabbing it from the MPD playlist, you would still need the decryption keys.

It used to be possible to modify the POST request to the authorize.json API to get a session key that allowed access to the 1080p quality, but that method no longer works.

Yeah indeed man i though who knows that would work crazy things happen but srry that i could not help but still a beginner in these things
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by save8lot View Post

@save8lot
    Yes, necro thread.
    Did you ever achieve what you wanted with this?
    I absolutely understand your struggle in this as I'm at the exact same spot.
    It's 100% possible as other release groups are pulling the 1080p content from disneynow (i.e. pupstruction) but I just can't figure out.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by save8lot View Post
    When you use youtube-dl, the software is only accessing the resolutions available in the M3U8 file, which currently is only up to 1280x720. Like you said, that is VERY EASY to do, so I do not need any help with that.

What I need help with is downloading the 1920x1080 resolution which is currently only available in the MPD which is protected by widevine drm.

The 1920x1080 resolution is available, in fact is plays by default when streamed on a Computer Browser. It is listed as "K". If you take a look at the web console while streaming, you will see the "K_init.mp4" file, followed by hundreds of "K00000000.m4f" files. That is the 1920x1080 resolution broken into fragments/segments. The Audio works the same way, but is listed as "TK" instead.

Those segments can be downloaded individually and then concatenated to create the full 1080p video, but even if you do that the file is ENCRYPTED. So you need a way to request the three (yes 3) decryption keys from the server to decrypt it [plus audio].

...... Unless of course someone here can figure out a way to directly download the un-encrypted 1080p video again.

Ultimately you are going to need some way to bypass newer widevine cdm encryption, like a Private Device Key to request those keys from the server.

I hope all that is clear. I just want you to understand that is a lot more difficult than just using youtube-dl. However I do still appreciate any attempt at helping, so thank you.
    Old thread yes, I have no intention to reinvent the wheel, but I'm having a similar trouble.

How can I "force" a site to stream me 1080p content? How can I access the hidden 1080p MPD?

I'm sure that platform I'm talking about DOES NOT use Widevine L1 (using only L3) and I can't understand why they started to restrict streams for the computers.

The same platform is still streaming 1080p contents to their "home-package" subscribers using an old kind of set top box (And I heard that device is not L1-capable. It is not a premium device like Apple's, Google's or NVIDIA's).

Dev Tools and "The Stream Detector" add-on give me the same MPD, in which the highest quality video stream is at 540p.

I know a same issue at Netflix... With a browser extension, "720p video-2.0 AAC sound" restriction can be removed and you can play 1080p video with 5.1 DD+ sound - For the L3-protected ones, of course.

https://github.com/truedread/netflix-1080p/tree/master
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by ridibunda View Post
    How can I "force" a site to stream me 1080p content? How can I access the hidden 1080p MPD?

I'm sure that platform I'm talking about DOES NOT use Widevine L1 (using only L3) and I can't understand why they started to restrict streams for the computers.

The same platform is still streaming 1080p contents to their "home-package" subscribers using an old kind of set top box (And I heard that device is not L1-capable. It is not a premium device like Apple's, Google's or NVIDIA's).

Dev Tools and "The Stream Detector" add-on give me the same MPD, in which the highest quality video stream is at 540p.
    OK, after some study, I figured it out. I'll reply myself.

As I noticed at Dev Tools, there were 2 mpd links, not 1. Both were very long, like; "www.blablablaStreamer.mpd/heyyoudontwatch1080pBlablablablabla/videohelpforumisthebest/deviceIDblablabla......"

If I copy and paste the whole mpd links in order to list the formats available, I see 540p at most.

If I shorten the second mpd link until the end of ".mpd" part (deleting the rest), nothing changes.

If I shorten the first mpd link until the end of ".mpd" part, I can list 1080p streams - one 4500 kbps, other 6000 kbps, both L3-protected. That means I managed to access the very original MPD.

As I understand, that streamer is modifying the original mpd, adding some tags, whatever, restricting it at 540p for computers. They have no restriction for home-subscribers with set top boxes.

What "The Stream Detector" add-on gives me is the second mpd link with pure 540p restriction. I have no idea why it doesn't catch the first mpd link.
    Quote Quote