VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. good morning friends I have the following problem with the following DVD music video. and do I not find the way to rip it correct apparently by the characteristics of the image and the antiquity when I compress it in x264, the image deteriorates a lot and has a lot of pixel ... with CFR 14 for example .. etc.

here is my Avisynth Script:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #Option 1

MPEG2Source("C:\Users\C\Desktop\Frank Zappa - Does humor belong in music (1984) [2003, DVD5]_VTS_01_1.d2v", cpu=0)

Yadifmod2(mode=1, order=1) # for double Speed to 50 FPS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #Option 2

QTGMC(Preset="Slower", InputType=0, FPSDivisor=1, ShowSettings=False, Denoiser="dfttest", MatchPreset="Slow", MatchPreset2="Slow", SourceMatch=3)

#Option 3

QTGMC()

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the 3 cases the frames are duplicated from 25 to 50 FPS ,

The 3 are acceptable results but they are not perfect, then I encode it in x264 with CFR 14-15. But even so the image in some cases is very compressed and I do not find the perfect combination.

Here I leave a small part of the video so you can help me, thank you very much.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lsKFqW9vk1KQkuSbbNRLEgX6_MA8zGur

https://www75.zippyshare.com/v/hGHMcWW0/file.html
    Last edited by zerowalk; 10th Jun 2019 at 08:13.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    You're deinterlacing twice, once with Yadif and again with QTGMC. Choose one or the other.

EDIT: Reading comprehension fail on my part. The video could just be badly aliased.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @SaurusX you didn't understand my description of the problem ALL are decinterlacing options --- i don't use all 3 at the same time, each one gives me a different result . thanks
    Last edited by zerowalk; 10th Jun 2019 at 08:07.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
    You're deinterlacing twice, once with Yadif and again with QTGMC. Choose one or the other.

EDIT: Reading comprehension fail on my part. The video could just be badly aliased.
    maybe , badly aliased . do you have any possible solutions please... ? I'm trying everything and I'm unlucky.
    Quote Quote  
  5. There's too much blending in the source. You'll never get a clean 25p or 23.976p. Using QTGMC and encoding at 50p is your best bet.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    There's too much blending in the source. You'll never get a clean 25p or 23.976p. Using QTGMC and encoding at 50p is your best bet.
    Is there a solution for bleding or is it something that cannot be repaired?

thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by zerowalk View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    There's too much blending in the source. You'll never get a clean 25p or 23.976p. Using QTGMC and encoding at 50p is your best bet.
    It depends on the amount of blending and type. For example there's a common form of PAL/NTSC conversion that can be restored to the original film frames with QTGMC().SRestore() -- because only some fields are blended. Or blend deinterlaced NTSC video can often be restored fairly well -- again because only some frames are blended.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by zerowalk View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It depends on the amount of blending and type. For example there's a common form of PAL/NTSC conversion that can be restored to the original film frames with QTGMC().SRestore() -- because only some fields are blended. Or blend deinterlaced NTSC video can often be restored fairly well -- again because only some frames are blended.
    What about this DVD ?

Do you think some filter can fix the problem or is it an endless struggle?
    Quote Quote  
  9. See post #5. If there was a better way I would have suggested it.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Jun 2019 at 16:26.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Are you sure that your original file is correct? If so, it might be the Avisynth to be blamed. Before you try again, you'd better make sure what format your DVD adopts NTSC or PAL.
    NTSC usually uses 29.97FPS while PAL adopts 25FPS standard. Try handbrake (both CFR and VFR supported) to rip DVD.
    Quote Quote