VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So ive been googling for weeks on and off for an easy solution to this.

I want to convert my 23.976 movies to 25.000 without losing quality, so i dont wanna reencode them..
    Just speed them up, video and audio, im probably stupid but can it be so hard 2019 to just speedup a video/audio file? :/

MKVToolnix might be able to do it from what ive read? i just wanna remux it i guess...
    Quote Quote  
  2. In MkvToolNix-GUI select the video track, set the "Default duration/FPS" to 25, and enable "Fix bitstream timing info". Then "Start multiplexing". You may have to adjust/encode audio separately.
    Last edited by jagabo; 9th Jun 2019 at 10:52.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    box4m, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    box4m, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    i apologize, thank you
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    In MkvToolNix-GUI select the video track, set the "Default duration/FPS" to 25, and enable "Fix bitstream timing info". Then "Start multiplexing". You may have to adjust/encode audio separately.
    yeah ive been doing this, i guess its the audio/video sync i cant get to match. Stretching audio 23.976/25.000 didnt work, speeding it up by 1.0427 didnt work... I get a result but its not synced properly
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by box4m View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    In MkvToolNix-GUI select the video track, set the "Default duration/FPS" to 25, and enable "Fix bitstream timing info". Then "Start multiplexing". You may have to adjust/encode audio separately.
    yeah ive been doing this, i guess its the audio/video sync i cant get to match. Stretching audio 23.976/25.000 didnt work, speeding it up by 1.0427 didnt work... I get a result but its not synced properly
    Yes, using the stretch feature in MKV is unpredictable. You have to export the audio, stretch it, reencode, and then mux with the video.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's another thing to try: Hi-light the video set "default duration / FPS" to 25.
    Hi-light the audio and set "stretch by" to 23.976/25
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    There's another thing to try: Hi-light the video set "default duration / FPS" to 25.
    Hi-light the audio and set "stretch by" to 23.976/25
    Ive been doing exactly that and it wont sync good
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by box4m View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Yes, using the stretch feature in MKV is unpredictable. You have to export the audio, stretch it, reencode, and then mux with the video.
    got a tip on software to stretch the audio in? and what output format should i choose for the audio, so that i can merve it with the video
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by box4m View Post
    got a tip on software to stretch the audio in? and what output format should i choose for the audio, so that i can merve it with the video
    I use Audacity. With the ffmpeg source plugin it can read audio directly from A/V files (or you can use MkvExtractGUI to extract your audio and load it into Audacity without the ffmpeg plugin). You can then use the Change Speed/Tempo filters to adjust the length. Save with whatever audio codec you want. Remux with the video. My preference is usually AVC+AC3 in MKV.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by box4m View Post
    I use daws a lot - like StudioOne - and have really capable stretching abilities - with video preview too.
    You don't get video thumbnails in StudioOne - just the preview video.
    But daws that do video should work - Cubase, Reaper, Sonar etc.

So operation in daw would be import original video and extract audio - and save away.
    Then import fixed video - and extract audio - and discard audio.
    Import original audio from disc.
    Then set stretch audio so that clip end in the same spot as video.
    You basically just drag clip to end to the spot where video ended.
    So you carefully identify any spot in video you want as - set a marker on marker track, and timebase to frames.

Latest StudioOne Pro 4.5 do writing of video with new audio in it if you want.
    Or just render the stretched audio and import into your video editor with the fixed video(with discarded audio).

Something like this - should work.

But have not done stuff with lipsync which is critical, I guess.
    But I would certainly try this approach.
    Quote Quote