VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey Guys -

I've had my ExtremeCap U3 for a while now and just recently hooked it back up to my PC to digitize some old home movies on VHS. I attached it using component + RCA audio, then installed the latest RECentral + drivers from the website. I've created a profile in RECentral which is properly configured for my connections and when playing a VHS tape (and RECentral is in preview mode), it plays the video and audio just fine. Unfortunately, once the video has been captured and automatically saved to an MP4, there is no audio. I'd think it would be an encoder issue, but can't find any log files to get more details.

Below is what I've tried so (without luck) far, screenshots showing the above, then finally specs. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!!

What I've Tried So Far
    • Uninstalled virtual audio driver I previously used then restarted PC
    • Verified that audio source is correct in Profile (although audio plays during preview)
    • Tried using 192kbps audio instead of 256kb in profile
    • Searched for log files + events for more info without luck

Screenshots
    Profile Settings
    [Attachment 49325 - Click to enlarge]

Captured MP4's Codec Specs
    [Attachment 49326 - Click to enlarge]

Specs
    • AverMedia ExtremeCap U3 (External - USB 3)
    • AverMedia RECentral 1.3.0.116.17061201
    • Driver: 3.0.64.118 (Firmware V61)
    • Windows 10 1903 x64

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm also having this problem. It works fine with OBS. Something tells me with the 1903 update they did something wonky with the audio settings cause it even broke while playing Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing for PC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After checking to see if there is problems with my main sound it says error generic sound driver. Perhaps Realtek needs to make a compatible driver for 1903 which may not happen cause I believe they are done making Audio chips for boards but I could be wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay yup now no sound in OBS or Recentral
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This was given to me in an email. Use the driver at your own risk it should work if you're using the Extremecap U3. They have not put this driver on the site and probably never will so grab the driver while you can.

Hello Mr./Ms. Eric,

Thank you for choosing AVerMedia.

Hi,
    1.Please install new software for solving audio issues.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BV4b_3GtoS147bM3VZ3FUs69ArIj7No_

2.During the install process, you may refer to Code 52 issues,
    code 52*: The driver error code 52 refers to that Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. Probably the driver installed on your computer is signed incorrectly.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_qO4sueMVs9zHftHKA1lJxX9fTUqaeWU
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-driver-error-code-52/

3.After installing the driver, please follow this FAQ process way to disable signature on your computer setting.

Best regards,
    AVerMedia Service Support
    Quote Quote