VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    I cannot seem to find a way to remove </span> tags with SubtitleEdit

I tried right clicking the line and choosing normal (remove formatting) and doesnt seem to work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In Subtitle Workshop you first select "select all" then right click in the text and select remove all tags

I think if you do the same and select normal? that removes formatting...??? Maybe you have to Select all for it to work
    Last edited by netmask56; 5th Jun 2019 at 03:23.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    In Subtitle Workshop you first select "select all" then right click in the text and select remove all tags

I think if you do the same and select normal? that removes formatting...??? Maybe you have to Select all for it to work
    Thanks for your help. I would like to use only one program for subtitles and I would like to know if this can be done with SubtitleEdit only...
    I tried selecting all lines in SubtitleEdit but still it didn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Thanks, I'm still thinking there should be another way to do this...
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you use regular expressions you can remove the complete tag in one go including similar tags.

Find what: <span.*?>(.*?)</span>
    Replace with: $1
    Select "Regular expression".

Would be nice if you could customize the Subtitle Edit GUI to store such things e.g. to an additional "edit" option/hotkey or as an additional entry into "Fix common errors".
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can add those lines to the multiple replace in the rules section of subtitle so they get added permanently.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	49290  

I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For me it was simpler to install subtitle Workshop to do this, get rid of tags. I had the same problem a couple of years ago and for me mucking about with scripts and added steps was a waste of time. Horses for courses!
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote