VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. is it possible to rip a dvd/bluray menu from a disc and change the links in a menu to point to videos files instead?

I was wondering this to have the disc watching experience on my hdd media drive

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pcwizard7 View Post
    is it possible to rip a dvd/bluray menu from a disc and change the links in a menu to point to videos files instead?

thanks
    To do what you are describing, you would need to invent your own new media type and write your own player for it. No hardware/software DVD player or Blu-ray player can do what you want.

DVD and Bluray menus allow playing a specific type of file (VOB for DVD or mts for Blu-ray) contained within a DVD or Blu-ray file and folder structure that follows a very strict set of rules. Hardware players and software players that perform DVD and Blu-ray playback with menu support are not designed to handle other types of video files even if they are placed within the structure defined by those rules, let alone files of any kind that are outside that structure.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pcwizard7 View Post
    is it possible to rip a dvd/bluray menu from a disc and change the links in a menu to point to videos files instead?

thanks
    would something like dvdfab dvd creator work ?? - https://www.dvdfab.cn/dvd-creator.htm
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think pcwizard7 is looking for DVD authoring software or Blu-ray authoring software. However, if I'm wrong, there are a few free choices for DVD authoring software and Blu-ray authoring software.

DVDStyler and AVStoDVD can convert video files to be DVD compliant and create a proper DVD file and folders structure with user-created menus (simple menus only for AVStoDVD). multiAVCHD is a free Blu-ray authoring program which can create simple menus but I think its ability to convert video and audio to be Blu-ray compliant is rather limited.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I read the topic that the OP wants to use the menu graphics on his media drive but create new links probably to ripped/re-encoded videos from the original dvd. Not really the same as a bespoke dvd-authoring.

Maybe he should provide more info about the media drive since if that does not support graphic menus he would be wasting his time regardless.
    Quote Quote