VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. how do i make a dpx rastor image throw away all its metadata and change its sar to match the dar ? i want to make a bitmap dpx image so that there is no stretched pixels so that it is literally say 1280 x 720 and not stetched to sppear that way? can i use ffmpeg to do this?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. It depends what you are starting with . But in general you do not want the sar to match the dar . eg. For 1280x720, the DAR is 16:9, but the SAR is usually 1:1 (square pixel)

If the input is not square pixel, but is supposed to be, you can set the sar to 1:1 by using -vf setsar=sar=1/1

If it's something else you need to provide more info on the input
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks

i am trying to get an image that literally is a raster image . it is literally 1280 x 720 with no stretched pixels. so where the images . so where the original image was 720 x 720 i want to render out the image as a bitmap to 1280 x 720 so that all the pixels are square. is thta possable? can ffmpeg do something like this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by oduodui View Post
    thanks

i am trying to get an image that literally is a raster image . it is literally 1280 x 720 with no stretched pixels. so where the images . so where the original image was 720 x 720 i want to render out the image as a bitmap to 1280 x 720 so that all the pixels are square. is thta possable? can ffmpeg do something like this.
    If the original image is 720x720 , not stretched (ie. a square), you would need to pad the borders (add pillarbox black bars) to make 1280x720
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 3rd Jun 2019 at 10:31.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If that 720x720 was not a typo , you would add 280 pixel borders to the left and right , assuming you want it centered

Code:
    -vf pad=w=1280:h=720:x=280:y=0
    Quote Quote  
  6. thanks man i will give that a try a.

once again thanks
    Quote Quote