VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I have an issue where ffmpeg does not convert an appropriate file for a webserver.

Here's the setup: we are running a video webserver via xampp hosting a file that is continuously renewed by a command line loop.
    1. The loop takes from an old TVT-CMS software that continously makes .dat files.
    2. The loop moves them to the "hova" folder and moves around other files (deleting old files) before finally moving them to a "konvert" folder.
    3. Here ffmpeg is ran to convert the file into a widely-compatible .mp4 file. This is where my problem is.
    4. Once the .mp4 file is converted, it is done. The webserver refers to it and the video is accessible.

Sample file:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GmKw4usndKt4QLxPMU7amY9WmfLCqf2n

Here are the command lines:

The initiator and looping command:
    rem @echo off
    set konyvtar=C:\RecData79fc08a97cef4cb781f20b515debcac 7\
    set kam1=0018ae3f302400
    set kam1_dat=@
    set hova=c:\xampp\htdocs\kamera\vid\honnan
    set tid=
    set kam1_time=0

call torol.bat %konyvtar%%kam1%
    rem töröljük a nem szükséges videókat
    for /f "skip=3" %%G IN ('dir /b /a-d /o-d "%konyvtar%%kam1%"') DO del %konyvtar%%kam1%\%%G

for /F "tokens=2 delims= " %%A IN ('tasklist /FI ^"imagename eq cmd.exe^" /NH ') DO (
    set tid=%%A
    goto again
    )

rem timeout /t 30
    :again
    set /A cou=1
    :loop
    echo %cou%
    ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 6000 > nul
    rem timeout /t %kam1_time%
    del /F %hova%\*.dat
    set line=
    for /f "skip=1" %%G IN ('dir /b /a-d /o-d "%konyvtar%%kam1%"') DO if not defined line set "line=%%G"
    rem pause
    if %kam1_dat% neq %line% (
    set "kam1_dat=%line%"
    start konvert-576p.bat %konyvtar%%kam1%\%line% %hova% %line% kam1
    set kam1_time=6
    )
    timeout /t 30
    if %cou%==300 (
    call taskkill /F /IM cmd.exe /FI ^"PID ne %tid%^" /T
    timeout /t 12
    for /R "c:\xampp\htdocs\kamera\vid\VirtualDub\" %%I IN ("vdsub.zip") DO (
    "c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -y -o"%%~dpI" "%%~fI"
    )
    for /f "skip=3" %%G IN ('dir /b /a-d /o-d "%konyvtar%%kam1%"') DO del %konyvtar%%kam1%\%%G
    goto again
    ) ELSE (
    set /A cou+=1
    goto loop
    )
    timeout /t 30
    The converter file:
    copy /Y %1 %2
    set gg=%3
    set mit=%gg:~0,14%
    vid\ff\bin\ffmpeg -f h264 -y -t 00:01:00 -i vid\honnan\%mit%.dat -s 1280x720 -fs 50000000 -preset ultrafast -report %2\%4.mp4
    move %2\%4.mp4 vid\konvert
    del /F vid\honnan\%mit%.*
    rem pause
    exit
    This is the ffmpeg report:
    ffmpeg started on 2019-06-03 at 10:11:08
    Report written to "ffmpeg-20190603-101108.log"
    Command line:
    "vid\\ff\\bin\\ffmpeg" -f h264 -y -t 00:01:00 -i "vid\\honnan\\20190530002755.dat" -s 1280x720 -fs 50000000 -preset ultrafast -report "c:\\xampp\\htdocs\\kamera\\vid\\honnan\\kam1. mp4"
    ffmpeg version n3.1.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers
    built with gcc 5.4.0 (GCC)
    configuration: --arch=x86 --target-os=mingw32 --cross-prefix=/home/rdp/dev/ffmpeg-windows-build-helpers/sandbox/cross_compilers/mingw-w64-i686/bin/i686-w64-mingw32- --pkg-config=pkg-config --disable-w32threads --enable-libsoxr --enable-fontconfig --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-iconv --enable-libtwolame --extra-cflags=-DLIBTWOLAME_STATIC --enable-libzvbi --enable-libcaca --enable-libmodplug --extra-libs=-lstdc++ --extra-libs=-lpng --enable-decklink --extra-libs=-loleaut32 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-version3 --enable-zlib --enable-librtmp --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-gnutls --enable-libgsm --enable-libfreetype --enable-libopus --enable-bzlib --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libvpx --enable-libilbc --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libgme --enable-dxva2 --enable-avisynth --enable-gray --enable-libopenh264 --enable-nvenc --enable-libebur128 --enable- libavutil 55. 28.100 / 55. 28.100
    libavcodec 57. 48.101 / 57. 48.101
    libavformat 57. 41.100 / 57. 41.100
    libavdevice 57. 0.101 / 57. 0.101
    libavfilter 6. 47.100 / 6. 47.100
    libswscale 4. 1.100 / 4. 1.100
    libswresample 2. 1.100 / 2. 1.100
    libpostproc 54. 0.100 / 54. 0.100
    Splitting the commandline.
    Reading option '-f' ... matched as option 'f' (force format) with argument 'h264'.
    Reading option '-y' ... matched as option 'y' (overwrite output files) with argument '1'.
    Reading option '-t' ... matched as option 't' (record or transcode "duration" seconds of audio/video) with argument '00:01:00'.
    Reading option '-i' ... matched as input file with argument 'vid\honnan\20190530002755.dat'.
    Reading option '-s' ... matched as option 's' (set frame size (WxH or abbreviation)) with argument '1280x720'.
    Reading option '-fs' ... matched as option 'fs' (set the limit file size in bytes) with argument '50000000'.
    Reading option '-preset' ... matched as AVOption 'preset' with argument 'ultrafast'.
    Reading option '-report' ... matched as option 'report' (generate a report) with argument '1'.
    Reading option 'c:\xampp\htdocs\kamera\vid\honnan\kam1.mp4' ... matched as output file.
    Finished splitting the commandline.
    Parsing a group of options: global .
    Applying option y (overwrite output files) with argument 1.
    Applying option report (generate a report) with argument 1.
    Successfully parsed a group of options.
    Parsing a group of options: input file vid\honnan\20190530002755.dat.
    Applying option f (force format) with argument h264.
    Applying option t (record or transcode "duration" seconds of audio/video) with argument 00:01:00.
    Successfully parsed a group of options.
    Opening an input file: vid\honnan\20190530002755.dat.
    [file @ 049e1280] Setting default whitelist 'file,crypto'
    vid\honnan\20190530002755.dat: No such file or directory
    Bolding is mine.

In the past, this command line worked. Then the server machine died and has been replaced. I have managed to restore the original conditions as much as possible.

I am also open to using another program that could monitor an IPC camera and make a continuously refreshed .mp4 file through other methods. Ideally, it should be winXP compatible but I am willing to upgrade to windows 7 if it gurantees that it works.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Insert these lines after the call to FFmpeg in the converter script.

Code:
    echo ****************
    dir %mit%
    echo ****************
    exit /b
    If it says "File not found" (in Hungarian, I presume), then you have to figure out why the input file is not being created.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Insert these lines after the call to FFmpeg in the converter script.

Code:
    echo ****************
    dir %mit%
    echo ****************
    exit /b
    If it says "File not found" (in Hungarian, I presume), then you have to figure out why the input file is not being created.
    Yes, it writes out that the file is not found. Which is strange because the batch file starts out by telling me that it has successfully copied out the necessary file. Then the two set commands (gg and mit) then ffmpeg starts. Then the file somehow disappears for ffmpeg and the echo commands you told me to add tells me that the files are not found. The file even disappears if I manually copy it to the "honnan" directory.

What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote