VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi everyone. I've loaded the most recent script in my plugins folder for this filter. I am using 32-bit. But the error that I get is as follows:

'there is no function named "bitspercomponent"'.

What does this mean and what should I do to make this work?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need AviSynth+: https://www.videohelp.com/software/AviSynth-Plus
    Or an older version of TemporalDegrain2 -- 2.1.2 still works with the original AviSynth.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The only other version I saw was 2.2.1 (not sure if that's what you meant). I tried it, and continue to get the same error.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's version 2.1.2 that I have...
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. It works but now I'm getting terrible ghosting. My source is animation.
    Quote Quote  
  6. What settings did you use?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Default. I'm not too familiar with this one (as I am with Mdegrain2). Any suggestions ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I haven't used TemporalDegrain2 a lot (and not the GPU features at all) but I haven't seen any ghosting with it, even with animated material. I suspect there may be a compatibility problem with of the support filters.

By "ghosting" do you mean a ghost of the previous or next frame? Or is the ghost a displacement within the same frame?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Within the same frame.
    Quote Quote  
  10. And the other thing is that, when I try to get the proper supportfilters at github.com, I scroll down to where it says "assets", and when I think I'm going to just open the folder and find the dll file, instead it has a damn plethora of other files. Why the complication?
    Quote Quote  
  11. github is a source repository. So what you're seeing there are source files. I'd try here:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TemporalDegrain2

That gives links to each of the required plugins. They all claim to work with AviSynth 2.6 (don't require AviSynth+).
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ok, now I understand. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ok, they keep leading me back to github. Which is how I started out with this problem in the first place.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I remember when obtaining Avisynth filters was easy. Why the sudden wild goose chases for a simple DLL?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't Temporaldegrain2 just a script? Which dll are you looking for ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Yes, it's a script. Except that when I try it out, I'm getting extreme ghosting within the frame, and across frames. Jagabo believes I may have outdated dependency filters. So when I go to the main Avisynth page, the supporting filters links lead me to github.

I'm looking for the dependency filters as follows. As you can see, even the script itself takes me to github. And heaven forbid I just open the file folder in github and find the dll without searching through countless folders and finding strange files. 'Course not, that would be simple and beyond most people's methods these days.

FFT3DFilter: https://github.com/pinterf/fft3dfilter/releases #
    # MaskTools2: https://github.com/pinterf/masktools/releases #
    # MVtools2 (mt_*): https://github.com/pinterf/mvtools/releases #
    # rgTools (RemoveGrain,Repair): https://github.com/pinterf/RgTools/releases
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just installed Avisynth+ recently and chose the option to keep the old Avisynth environment.
    So it seems the original plugins folder and the plugins+ folder are available.

I downloaded jagabo's version (2.1.2) posted above and it seems to be working fine, although I changed
    it to .avs Vs. .avsi so I have to manually load it.

The versions of the filters I have installed are
    FF3DFilter - 2.1.1.0
    Masktools2 - 2.2.7.0
    MVTools2 - 2.7.19.22
    RGTools - 0.97

It seems to be working OK, a little slow on my system, but I don't see any ghosting (although I've only tried it on a
    small SD clip)

If you're unable to resolve it, post a small section of your source that shows this problem
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. Can you please post here the DLL attachments to Masktools2 and MVtools2? I don't have the versions you have. Maybe that'll fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Betelman View Post
    Can you please post here the DLL attachments to Masktools2 and MVtools2? I don't have the versions you have. Maybe that'll fix it.
    Sure, here they are
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  20. Nothing's changed. Take a look at both images I uploaded, and this is with the Temporaldegrain2 default settings.Image
    [Attachment 49244 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 49245 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Upload some of this source and I'll see what happens in my setup
    Quote Quote  
  22. through the "insert video"option, or though the "upload files/manage attachment" option?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    upload files/manage attachments
    Quote Quote  
  24. Ok, here it is:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. It's a mess, ain't it? I'm using Mdegrain2, which is pretty good for most of my episodes EXCEPT some scenes in this one. Even after Mdegrain2, there are thin black lines on his face leftover, making him look like his face is dirty.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mpeg2 in MKV? Are you starting with a real DVD or is this all you have?
    I was not able to open your clip, Virtualdub2 and Avidemux balked

How did you cut this? MPC-BE says it's 26 minutes then I see this animated head for about 4 seconds and the
    vid turns black
    Quote Quote  
  27. I used avidemux and saved it as an MKV. Should I save it as an Mpeg2?
    Quote Quote  
  28. I cut a sample from the half hour DVD
    Quote Quote  
  29. Okay, I saved it as a .mpg

Avisynth and Virtualdub both open it fine from my end.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best method is to use DGindex on the VOB. Open the VOB, use the [ and ] to mark a small segment
    (makes sure it's at least 15 seconds and show some steady movement)
    Then file/save project and demux video

Upload the m2v
    Quote Quote