VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi there ! I suffer with this problem for a month ! Tried to reinstall Windows, to put various codecs, to expose a bitrate of 100.000, does not help(
    In General, what is the problem... I record video in 1920x1080 resolution, but after recording I watch video not FULL HD quality, and HD ! Again, all the settings are met, the resolution is set, the bitrate is the same. Recorded through programs such as ShadowPlay and OBS with maximum settings. In the properties of the video settings are normal, the resolution is normal, but the video looks like 1280x720 but not exactly 1920x1080. The video lacks clarity, in the end, after downloading the video on YouTube is heavily smeared and looks as beautiful as possible !
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	68
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	49220  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.png
Views:	50
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	49221  

Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    The fact that the source code looks bad, it is written in poor quality, although the settings are large.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by NiceWall07 View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    The fact that the source code looks bad, it is written in poor quality, although the settings are large.
    Source code? Youtube ALWAYS recompress uploaded videos so this is not important how big is video bitrate on YOUR side, it can be 100Mbps and YT will recompress such video to 2Mbps for example. You may try to enlarge your video to 4k size as YT allocate slightly more bitrate for UHD sources. This sometimes works, sometimes not. Adding motion blur and spatial antialiasing may be beneficial for perceived video quality.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by NiceWall07 View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Source code? Youtube ALWAYS recompress uploaded videos so this is not important how big is video bitrate on YOUR side, it can be 100Mbps and YT will recompress such video to 2Mbps for example. You may try to enlarge your video to 4k size as YT allocate slightly more bitrate for UHD sources. This sometimes works, sometimes not. Adding motion blur and spatial antialiasing may be beneficial for perceived video quality.
    The video itself after recording looks bad ! Upload to YouTube is not to blame.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Post a sample of this video. If it already looks bad, not much point in uploading it to YouTube to be honest - unless you're satisfied with it
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Post a sample of this video. If it already looks bad, not much point in uploading it to YouTube to be honest - unless you're satisfied with it
    Live as if it is not 1920x1080 ! And 1280x720 is recording
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I see some noise, looks like block noise. I'm not familiar with the capture program,
    perhaps somebody will have some ideas.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I see some noise, looks like block noise. I'm not familiar with the capture program,
    perhaps somebody will have some ideas.
    I feel like I'm the only one with this problem. Tried everything ! Recorded via OBS, ShadowPlay, Bandicam ! The result is the same.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    If the problem is happening regardless of the video encoding program you're using, I'd say the issue is most likely with your video card/drivers. It looks kind of like a shadow effect being applied to everything. Which makes me think of either shadow settings in the video card, or lighting options.

Trying changing your video card settings to something completely different and see if you can remove the smudging with that.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by CutABit View Post
    If the problem is happening regardless of the video encoding program you're using, I'd say the issue is most likely with your video card/drivers. It looks kind of like a shadow effect being applied to everything. Which makes me think of either shadow settings in the video card, or lighting options.

Trying changing your video card settings to something completely different and see if you can remove the smudging with that.
    Rtx2080 video card. There is some degradation of video resolution. Recently put my old GTX1060 check, can actually a problem in the graphics card.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    If we've rules out drivers, and we've ruled out encoders, and we've ruled out OS settings, literally the last thing left is the game itself.
    Does this happen in other games?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by CutABit View Post
    If we've rules out drivers, and we've ruled out encoders, and we've ruled out OS settings, literally the last thing left is the game itself.
    Even on the downscaling desktop
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by CutABit View Post
    And I have a question. I don't want to throw away my 2080. Is it possible to have a second computer using a capture card to fix this problem ? If indeed the problem in video card ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by NiceWall07 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the resolution. The bitrate is only 13.5 Mb/s. That's too low for high motion, high detail content.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the resolution. The bitrate is only 13.5 Mb/s. That's too low for high motion, high detail content.
    The 50 mb/s video has the same problems. I tried to set the maximum bitrate to 100.000 in OBS
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by NiceWall07 View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The 50 mb/s video has the same problems. I tried to set the maximum bitrate to 100.000 in OBS
    But did it really deliver those bitrates? Did you check?

Someone with a 2060 card had a problem with DVD Fab which eventually got fixed by a DVD Fab update:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/393251-Copying-4k-movies-to-50-GB-blanks-using-DVD...ps#post2551858

Maybe the issue is similar here. The drivers for the NVENC encoder are different than the drivers for older cards and an update is needed.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by CutABit View Post
    And I have a question. I don't want to throw away my 2080. Is it possible to have a second computer using a capture card to fix this problem ? If indeed the problem in video card ?
    Language barrier is making some things unclear. I will state it differently.

The physical video card is in good health. The video card hardware could never cause this problem.
    Only the software of video card can be bad. Different versions or settings could be attempted.

Your video card is good. My only worry was the Catalyst drivers. But if it happens with the NVidia as well, there is no software driver issue. It is impossible NVidia and AMD drivers would have same bug.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by CutABit View Post
    Originally Posted by CutABit View Post
    Language barrier is making some things unclear. I will state it differently.

The physical video card is in good health. The video card hardware could never cause this problem.
    Only the software of video card can be bad. Different versions or settings could be attempted.

Your video card is good. My only worry was the Catalyst drivers. But if it happens with the NVidia as well, there is no software driver issue. It is impossible NVidia and AMD drivers would have same bug.
    All same need to try put GTX1060
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    But did it really deliver those bitrates? Did you check?

Someone with a 2060 card had a problem with DVD Fab which eventually got fixed by a DVD Fab update:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/393251-Copying-4k-movies-to-50-GB-blanks-using-DVD...ps#post2551858

Maybe the issue is similar here. The drivers for the NVENC encoder are different than the drivers for older cards and an update is needed.
    Does not work, the original quality is poor
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by NiceWall07 View Post
    No, the original quality (what was rendered by the game) is just fine. When you captured you used too little bitrate. My guess is you have some other setting which limited your bitrate to 15 Mb/s even though you specified 50 or 100 Mb/s. For example specifying AVCHD may limit the video to 15 Mb/s.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    No, the original quality (what was rendered by the game) is just fine. When you captured you used too little bitrate. My guess is you have some other setting which limited your bitrate to 15 Mb/s even though you specified 50 or 100 Mb/s. For example specifying AVCHD may limit the video to 15 Mb/s.
    Is it possible to remove this restriction somehow ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by NiceWall07 View Post
    If this is your problem, yes. For example, if you used an AVCHD preset, use another preset instead. Like High@4.2 or higher. Or you may have to look through the encoder settings to find what's limiting your bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    If this is your problem, yes. For example, if you used an AVCHD preset, use another preset instead. Like High@4.2 or higher. Or you may have to look through the encoder settings to find what's limiting your bitrate.
    The matter is that the same settings are exposed at one youtuber. His picture is more beautiful and stable. Bitrate is the same
    I no longer think that the problem is with the video card...
    Quote Quote  
  24. You have two problems. Your original capture sucks (assuming that's what you provided in post #7). And Youtube mess it up even more. To get better quality at youtube you need to start with better quality captures.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You have two problems. Your original capture sucks (assuming that's what you provided in post #7). And Youtube mess it up even more. To get better quality at youtube you need to start with better quality captures.
    Yes ! The meaning of fasting in this. Problem with the original.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Based on information from provided sample seem you incorrectly (IMHO) configuring OBS.
    Avoid using CBR, instead use VBR, IMHO keyframes should be set to auto, 2 second is OK for regular movie but for dynamic game 1 second seem to be more appropriate. On provided video bitrate is set to 13500 (i assume kbps) - it should be at least few times higher (at least 50Mbps).
    You didn't mentioned about your HW - even with Shadowplay technology you need sufficiently fast CPU and also other resources (RAM, storage speed) must meet increased requirements. Provide information about your HW configuration and CPU load during task (i.e. game with recording active).
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Based on information from provided sample seem you incorrectly (IMHO) configuring OBS.
    Avoid using CBR, instead use VBR, IMHO keyframes should be set to auto, 2 second is OK for regular movie but for dynamic game 1 second seem to be more appropriate. On provided video bitrate is set to 13500 (i assume kbps) - it should be at least few times higher (at least 50Mbps).
    You didn't mentioned about your HW - even with Shadowplay technology you need sufficiently fast CPU and also other resources (RAM, storage speed) must meet increased requirements. Provide information about your HW configuration and CPU load during task (i.e. game with recording active).

The fact is that I tried to set different settings, these are the settings of one of the content makers on Fortnight. My computer is powerful. RTX2080, Intel Core I7 8700k, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 49240 - Click to enlarge]

Use CQ instead of CBR.
    Last edited by KarMa; 2nd Jun 2019 at 08:49.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    [Attachment 49239 - Click to enlarge]

Set output to 1920x1080. It's set to 720p by default.
    I have 1920x1080, in video were shown my video.
    Quote Quote