VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys, i try convertion with virtualdubmod an video on the my DVD, VOB files, and is not have the same speed and time that original video after convetion.

When i take my VOB file and convertion, and after convertion it not stay with the same parts and time that original, in part 30 minutes in the video orignal is have one way, and the convertion in the same part have a diferent part of the video

Why this is happened?? somebody know it happened????
    Last edited by escarlate; 27th May 2019 at 14:50.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dont use Virtualdubmod, hasn't been updated in more than 10 years.
    Use vdub2, it's new and maintained
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try other video conversion tools. Handbrake or online video conversion website are nice options.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i try to used tools, tankyou.

but, why i have sucess with autogk one time, to convertion from dvd to avi? somebody know? the autogk is better?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Virtualdubmod
    Wow. That takes me back.

Memories of adjusting bitrates of VCD's are flooding back...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do not use VirtualDubMod for anything.
    Not for capture, not for editing, not for encoding. Nothing.

VirtualDub 1.9.x for capture
    VirtualDub2 good for edit/encode, but watch for bugs.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. The best way to deal with DVD VOB files is to index them with DgIndex then open them via the index file in AviSynth with Mpeg2Source("filename.d2v"). Do any inverse telecine, deinterlacing, and/or other filtering in the AviSynth script. Encode with whatever tool you like -- VirtualDub2 for example.

The big problem with VOB is that the data often switches between soft and hard pulldown and most other programs don't deal with it properly -- leading to A/V sync problems.
    Quote Quote  
  8. the sync less after this is the problem, although i had a success converting with autogk, other times it did not work, now i prefer to work with vob without converting,
    Quote Quote  
  9. sorry, so considering that what makes the video of the DVD run out of sync after converting is the pulldown, to my avi video will be perfect synced with original DVD video, so how do i convert without pulldown or what configuration and which program to use for conversion, virtualdub2?
    Quote Quote  
  10. If you're in Spain and working with PAL DVDs, there's no pulldown to worry about. That's an NTSC thing.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    If you're in Spain and working with PAL DVDs, there's no pulldown to worry about. That's an NTSC thing.
    Sometimes i have some PAL dvds.... other NTSC.

That's why , i need to know exactly how to convert a DVD video (VOB) by removing pulldown, or that looks exactly like the sync source later, i want to convert with the same FPS but exactly equal and like the sync the source?
    Quote Quote