VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi to all, I am new here.
    Since I am not allowed to install Tor and since I failed with YTDL + curl +
    xidel + ffmpeg... even by adding an Austrian Proxy (!),
    I ask here to you if there exist some app/some strings that may be able to (really!) download this 720p video (a 10 minutes: 33 seconds concert
    opendoor at Schoenbrunn castle); no matter if the url points to a playlist
    json or any else...

here the strongly undowndable video (or playlist, no matter, but on a smartphone I can see that the URL point direct to the video, I see its first frame and lenght).

//tvthek.orf.at/profile/Archiv/7648449/Neues-beim-Wiener-Sommernachtskonzert/13919349/Neues-beim-Wiener-Sommernachtskonzert/13995118
    thanks to all.
    best,

PS: at the moment I
    either download the fake video ("Dieses Video darf ........")
    or - with an austrian IP - I download another video (without geoblock warning,
    that is good!) telling me that "video is not for you machine".
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi, the link in active: an ORF webpage pointing to a promo-video (or playlist?) about a opendoor concert in Vienna.
    I tried youtube-dl, xidel, curl, and a lot other Windows downloader: I become the fake video (i.e. the Warning video only); then I obtained an austrian IP: the warning video is fortunately away, but still unable to download. Now I just wrote to Hola VPN for Chrome, they send the link to the engineers.
    Never found a video like this one, very hard to download from outside Austria!

Yes I have the url poiting to a .m3m8 (thanks xidel.exe) and I chan chose the resolution (I prefer 720p)...but nothing to do; anyway the right method is to download the video starting from the "main page" (link above): the good downloader must establish how to parse the Json, and so on.... I tried to change the ffmpeg "signatuire" (lavsoft...) but I become a different Warning video: "not for your machine"; obviously this video (like all other from Orf) IS for my machine too

I wait for Hola (third reply), then I tried all the tryable things.
    youtube-dl people wereable to let me to download an adobe webinar (with login), they are able to download ORF geoprotected video too, but this one is tremendous "not all is supposed to work" they said

I confirm:
    http://tvthek.orf.at/profile/Archiv/7648449/Neues-beim-Wiener-Sommernachtskonzert/1391...nzert/13995118
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My German/Austrian isn't too good, I logged into a Austrian vpn server but, still couldn't get to the video. In one link it says video only available in Austria, In one of the other links it said for legal reasons this video is no longer available.

I was going to try VSODownloader but, if I can't get a link to it... I'm out of ideas.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  4. Check the source code. They could be streaming HLS. You have find a private austrian ip since they're software that compiles all proxy/vpn/tor ip's.
    Quote Quote