VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello guys, i didnt know where to post this so if i am in a wrong place tell me, i am Curious how some studios will Dubbed a movie without source audio files i searched youtube and google but i got nothing useful, actully i watched some tutorials about removing vocals from a mp3 file and extrcting the background music but it is not work for a movie because with this method you cant actully extract background music
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why would a studio not have source audio files??? they have access to all the original tracks including without vocals if they wish.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by m00511 View Post
    hello guys, i didnt know where to post this so if i am in a wrong place tell me, i am Curious how some studios will Dubbed a movie without source audio files i searched youtube and google but i got nothing useful, actully i watched some tutorials about removing vocals from a mp3 file and extrcting the background music but it is not work for a movie because with this method you cant actully extract background music
    have you tried this ?? - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/dvd-audio-extractor.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When a movie is mixed on a dub stage various deliverables are provided such as a theatrical mix, a tv mix, and music and fx stems to be used when mixing foreign language versions. Many permutations are provided to cover every eventuality.
    Canon G40 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve 16.0b4 -- Dell dual Xeon Workstation - Win 7 Ultimate - 16gb ECC RAM - GTX 650 - Pro Tools 2018.3
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Studios, even mediocre ones, always use Vox/Dialogue + M&E stems, or more.

International releases are usually shipped to localized dub houses with D (dialogue) / M (music) / E (effects/FX) / & Reference Mix, either in stereo (for a total of 8 channels) or surround (for a total of 24), etc. The stems are pre-balanced, so if you set the level of the new language dialogue to = level of the original dialogue, it should all mix back together correctly.

If you have to replace dialogue on a set of plain mix tracks, you will ALWAYS be fighting a losing battle. Even if you succeed in cutting out dialogue due to mid/side difference mixing (aka remove sound in the middle, or phase cancellation), you will have also lost a whole lot of the M & E track, as well as gone from stereo to badly EQ'd mono.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 22nd May 2019 at 17:38.
    Quote Quote