VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello guys, i didnt know where to post this so if i am in a wrong place tell me, i am Curious how some studios will Dubbed a movie without source audio files i searched youtube and google but i got nothing useful, actully i watched some tutorials about removing vocals from a mp3 file and extrcting the background music but it is not work for a movie because with this method you cant actully extract background music
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why would a studio not have source audio files??? they have access to all the original tracks including without vocals if they wish.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by m00511 View Post
    hello guys, i didnt know where to post this so if i am in a wrong place tell me, i am Curious how some studios will Dubbed a movie without source audio files i searched youtube and google but i got nothing useful, actully i watched some tutorials about removing vocals from a mp3 file and extrcting the background music but it is not work for a movie because with this method you cant actully extract background music
    have you tried this ?? - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/dvd-audio-extractor.htm
    Quote Quote  
  4. When a movie is mixed on a dub stage various deliverables are provided such as a theatrical mix, a tv mix, and music and fx stems to be used when mixing foreign language versions. Many permutations are provided to cover every eventuality.
    Canon C100 mk2 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.3 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - 3 calibrated screens
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Studios, even mediocre ones, always use Vox/Dialogue + M&E stems, or more.

International releases are usually shipped to localized dub houses with D (dialogue) / M (music) / E (effects/FX) / & Reference Mix, either in stereo (for a total of 8 channels) or surround (for a total of 24), etc. The stems are pre-balanced, so if you set the level of the new language dialogue to = level of the original dialogue, it should all mix back together correctly.

If you have to replace dialogue on a set of plain mix tracks, you will ALWAYS be fighting a losing battle. Even if you succeed in cutting out dialogue due to mid/side difference mixing (aka remove sound in the middle, or phase cancellation), you will have also lost a whole lot of the M & E track, as well as gone from stereo to badly EQ'd mono.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 22nd May 2019 at 17:38.
    Quote Quote