VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know Chrome has the way bigger market share but I find it generally slower to open than Firefox and I don't like how it invaded users' privacy months back by forcing them to sign in to the browser when signed in to Gmail or YouTube. So I'd prefer to go on using Firefox. But I use APNGs (animated PNGs) a lot and I find they play flawlessly in Chrome, regardless of their dimensions or file size, whereas in Firefox, the bigger they are, the more they vary in speed or just play in slow motion. I would have thought they'd play better in Firefox than in Chrome considering how Chrome hasn't supported them as long as Firefox but no. Firefox is pretty crap at playing them whereas Chrome is great. Is there any way I can get them to improve in Firefox so I don't have to switch to Chrome?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't use APNG regularly but probably since Firefox has supported them forever, they probably have not improved decoding much since their introduction. I've never had a problem with APNG in Firefox at small resolutions, resolutions typical to GIF animations. For bigger animations I'd move onto VP8 or H.264.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    I don't use APNG regularly but probably since Firefox has supported them forever, they probably have not improved decoding much since their introduction. I've never had a problem with APNG in Firefox at small resolutions, resolutions typical to GIF animations. For bigger animations I'd move onto VP8 or H.264.
    Complacency. Good point. I hadn't considered that. Thanks.
    Quote Quote