VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone. I am subbing something and have to use a handwriting font I installed but when I tried uninstalling the font from my computer, the subs did not appear properly anymore, as to be expected. There aren't any good system fonts for handwriting, so what do I have to do in order for the handwriting font I installed to appear on someone else's computer even if it's not installed there? To do this, is one supposed to "burn in" the custom-font subs to the subtitles, possibly by rendering it as an image (but still part of the subtitle file and not hardsubbed to the video)? If so, how am I to go about that?

My last resort is to use a system font if the above is not possible. In that case, would anyone have any recommendations for good system fonts for handwriting?

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Two possible solutions:
    1. "burn in" as you say or
    2. put ASS subtitle as subtitle track + font file as attachment into Matroska container. A number of players (e.g. VLC, MPC-HC, mpv) can read fonts from the Matroska attachment.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Two possible solutions:
    1. "burn in" as you say or
    2. put ASS subtitle as subtitle track + font file as attachment into Matroska container. A number of players (e.g. VLC, MPC-HC, mpv) can read fonts from the Matroska attachment.
    Ah, figures. I guess I will have to make an .mkv file. Thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote