VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am seeing artifacts on the red colors very visibly. Most noticeably up against lines. They appear to be elsewhere as well, but on the reds they can't be missed. Here is an example image.

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/XquU6OR.png
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/Z55V1et.png

This kind of reminds me of halos, but my 2 halo removers I am trying are not really removing these much. They help a little, but it's not really doing so well. Chroma sharpening seems to help a little more when used as well, but again, it's not really removing it well enough.

Any suggestions on how I can remove or at least lessen the visibility much more?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't see artifacts at the lines,... can you highlight the artifacts you want to remove?
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. I see some sharpening halos. For example, to the left and right of the vertical black line on the red cape on Superman's right shoulder in the first image. The Y channel only has the halos along the X axis. The U and V channels on both axis. Something like:

Code:
    ImageSource("XquU6OR.png", start=0, end=23, fps=23.976) 
    ConvertToYV24()

Y = last
    U = UtoY()
    V = VtoY()

Y = Y.dehalo_alpha(rx=3.0, ry=1.0, brightstr=0.8, darkstr=0.8)
    U = U.dehalo_alpha(rx=3.0, ry=3.0, brightstr=0.8, darkstr=0.8)
    V = V.dehalo_alpha(rx=3.0, ry=3.0, brightstr=0.8, darkstr=0.8)
    YtoUV(U, V, Y)
    Quote Quote  
  4. wow, I did not know I could dehalo each channel individually like that. I will have to mess around with that. Thanks Jagabo!

How did you identify which channel needed what? Is there a way I can view each channel individually with a tool in an avisynth previewer?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    How did you identify which channel needed what?
    I examined each channel individually.

Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Is there a way I can view each channel individually with a tool in an avisynth previewer?
    Code:
    # assuming YV24 or YUY2
    Y = GreyScale()
    U = UtoY()
    V = VtoY()
    StackHorizontal(Y, U, V)
    Code:
    # assuming YV12
    Y = GreyScale()
    U = UtoY()
    V = VtoY()
    StackHorizontal(Y, StackVertical(U, V))
    Obviously, you can return any individual channel if you only want to see that channel.
    Quote Quote