VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just started my build using Asus Strix 450f and powering it with 600w psu all plugs are set and everything is connected. I turn on my psu and I get nothing no lights at all. Is there something im missing.

Thanks,
    Lemmy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you turn on the toggle switch on the power supply?
    Did you connect the front panel power switch? And use it?
    Did you use standoffs when you mounted the motherboard in the case?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you built a computer system before?There's a few things that need to be done such as plugging in the 4/8 prong plug to the mb,
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    possible bad power supply or motherboard ??
    is your wall outlet working ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pin 13 i believe (usually only green wire) on the 20+4P (24-pin) connector signals the PSU to turn on. It gets its power to send to the PSU from the motherboard which creates it when the power button is pressed and connected to a separate plug on the motherboard.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/smartbuyer/components/how-to-troubleshoot-a-pc-power-supply/ has a pretty good write up on checking no power.

NOTE:
    Do not not leave the PSU on too long with no load if doing the paper clip test.

Some motherboards will not power on if the CPU is not inserted and may require separate plug to power them.

Some power supplies indicators do not light until the are powered on by the CPU, some light all the time when turned on by the switch on the PSU.
    Quote Quote