VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I'm posting here as I have same question in another forum, and I'm not sure which forum is best.

I'm a long time user of Vegas, I use Version 7. I just bought a new Sony AX53 to get away from tapes and firewire. However, Vegas 7 will not load the new formats (m2t, XAVCS in 4K, or AVCHD), nor will VLC play them but G-Spot correctly identifies the avc/H.263 codec, but has trouble identifying the others but will play them.

Is it a Vegas issue or am I missing codecs? I'm thinking its' both....good clean source for the codecs?

Second, what version of Vegas is best to handle these formats?

Thanks!

(Ha, oh no, here come a few hundred hours re-learning this hobby! I found a post from 2006! Ha!)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is your profile up to date since it quotes you are using WinXP.

I dabbled with a trial of Vegas must be 10 years ago and pretty sure it was later than version 7. No real surprise that these formats will not load since they were not even invented back then.

Have not checked but I recall than current versions require a 64-bit OS.

Also vlc uses it's own internal codecs so you may need an up-to-date version of that as well.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Is your profile up to date since it quotes you are using WinXP.

I dabbled with a trial of Vegas must be 10 years ago and pretty sure it was later than version 7. No real surprise that these formats will not load since they were not even invented back then.

Have not checked but I recall than current versions require a 64-bit OS.

Also vlc uses it's own internal codecs so you may need an up-to-date version of that as well.
    Wow, old profile updated.

VLC is up to date, maybe a re-install will help. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vegas pro is currently at version 16. version 7 couldn't possibly have even forecast the coming of 4k video much less use it. update vegas or try a current free/open source video editing software.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Vegas Pro upgrade is steeply discounted until the end of the month. You may want to use the free trial to see if it's worth it to you.
    Quote Quote