VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Thread
  1. As the title says I have tried the Mux programs here that I found and they all seem to fail.

    Any Suggestions that would work quickly without my needing to re-encode them ?

    Thanks in advance for any help
    Roger
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The .mp4 container doesn't normally allow for .mp3 audio. Either mux it as .mkv or .avi -- or just bite the bullet and convert your audio to AAC. It's very quick.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    Both Mp4Box and L-Smash's muxer allow you to wrap MP3 audio in the MP4 container.
    FFmpeg also complies with the MP4 format specifications.
    If any of these programs fails with an MP3 stream, probably it's because that stream is broken or malformed...
    users on my IgnoreList: 160 names thus far, but featuring DB83, manono, usually_quiet && Aludin.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Both Mp4Box and L-Smash's muxer allow you to wrap MP3 audio in the MP4 container.
    FFmpeg also complies with the MP4 format specifications.
    If any of these programs fails with an MP3 stream, probably it's because that stream is broken or malformed...
    It CAN be done (obviously) but it is not as universally accepted as AAC. Players may reject it even with a good .mp3 stream.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Both Mp4Box and L-Smash's muxer allow you to wrap MP3 audio in the MP4 container.
    FFmpeg also complies with the MP4 format specifications.
    If any of these programs fails with an MP3 stream, probably it's because that stream is broken or malformed...
    It CAN be done (obviously) but it is not as universally accepted as AAC. Players may reject it even with a good .mp3 stream.
    Then you should have said exactly that, instead of saying:

    The .mp4 container doesn't normally allow for .mp3 audio.
    Because it has always accepted MPEG-1 audio (read: MP1, MP2 and MP3).

    P.S.: please stop trying to "prove" that I am "always wrong", because you will always fail at that.
    users on my IgnoreList: 160 names thus far, but featuring DB83, manono, usually_quiet && Aludin.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post

    P.S.: please stop trying to "prove" that I am "always wrong".
    With all respect -- THIS is the only thing I think you're wrong about.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks a lot, I am currently trying Audacity to convert the audio to be more compatible.
    Roger
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Central Germany
    Search PM
    @TBoneit - I would recommend first to show us a MediaInfo analysis of both streams, instead of converting (with quality loss) right away. It is indeed possible that you e.g. only believe to have MP3 audio, but it is instead a different format, and VLC only plays it because it doesn't rely on the filename extension only, but checks for more details to identify it. Similar guess for the video stream.

    And I agree with El Heggunte: The MP4 container will of course support MPEG Audio streams, from MPEG 1 Audio (at least Layer 2 and 3) to MPEG 2/4 AAC variants. Whether a specific player supports any combination is not the fault of the MP4 specifications, but the implementation in that player's firmware. The MP4 container even supports a few non-MPEG audio formats (PCM, AC3).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search PM
    +1

    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Here is what I see in Mediainfo
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Main@L3.1
    Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 8 min 48 s
    Bit rate : 334 kb/s
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.014
    Stream size : 21.0 MiB (99%)

    Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
    Duration : 3 min 33 s
    Bit rate : 126 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel layout : L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
    Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 3.20 MiB (99%)

    I hope this can pin down why

    Many Thanks
    Roger
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Central Germany
    Search PM
    Not really. I was curious about the analyses of the separate source files, not of the multiplexed result. This one contains AAC audio, not MP3 audio.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hello
    Those are the results of the Two separate source files. One is audio only and one is Video only. Why they do not want to mux in mp4box is beyond me. I have used it in the past and it worked.
    FWIW the Video file extension is mp4 and the audio file shows as mp3, Could that be the problem ?

    Thank You
    Roger
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Format : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
    That's not mp3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer III) but its successor AAC (Advanced Audio Coding).
    Like others said AAC in MP4 (specifically stereo LC-AAC) has very good compatibility so that's good news.

    If you fail using mp4box try ffmpeg as already suggested:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i "videofile" -i "audiofile" -map 0:v:0 -map 1:a:0 -c copy "output.mp4"
    If ffmpeg fails show the complete ffmpeg log.


    Originally Posted by TBoneit View Post
    Those are the results of the Two separate source files. One is audio only and one is Video only. Why they do not want to mux in mp4box is beyond me.
    Never shorten MediaInfo logs to just the track info. Container info is equally important. As are logs of e.g. mp4box/ffmpeg if something unexpected happens.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads