VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I currently use VideoReDo TV Suite for Tivo and MPEG files, but there has to be an easier way.

Free is best, but willing to pay for a good solid program. Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It doesn't get much simpler than VideoReDo. How sophisticated or complex are your edits? Where exactly are you hitting snags?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very simple... just editing out cuss words or scenes that are extremely violent, etc.

I'd like the ability to just "blank out" the audio in some scenes so there is no visual gap.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Don't think you can do the audio easily in VideoRedDo without cutting your clip into pieces, some as small and a single word, reducing the audio on those, and recombining.

It's slightly easier with VideoReDo's main competitor TMPGencSmart Renderer because it has built-in multiplexing tools which VideoReDo seems to lack.

In that case you would first bring your file into an audio editor like Audacity.
    Make your audio dips.
    Output the new audio file.
    Combine the new audio with the original video in the multiplexer tool.
    Bring the newly combined file into the main program (or even bring it into VideoReDo )
    Make your video cuts
    Output again.

Obviously you can also use one of the free multiplexing tools available here for recombining your audio and video -- but I find the TMPGenc tools so solid and reliable I haven't used any of the others in years and someone else will have to recommend one.
    Last edited by smrpix; 8th May 2019 at 09:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks!

Can anyone recommend some decent free multiplexing tools?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dougmeister View Post
    Thanks!

Can anyone recommend some decent free multiplexing tools?
    I have VideoReDo TV Suite v5. It includes a multiplexer. Look under Tools->Elementary Stream Multiplexer.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can use OpenShot Video Editor, load the video, split/cut/blank audio, export, free software and an all in one program, the easiest solution hands down.

here's a video guide showing several different ways on how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQS2tmgD_Rk

if you want to get "dirty" open the video in audacity directly and do the audio edition and then export to wav, using avidemux open the original file, disable the original audio track, load the edited audio track, do the video cutting and export it all

or you can use avisynth and do audio trim/blank video cuts but its way to slow and you would have to note down all the time codes ....
    Last edited by ricardouk; 10th May 2019 at 07:03.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote