VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just got a new external sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro) to output 5.1 via optical to my 5.1 receiver & am having trouble getting DTS files to play back at their proper speed. The files are predominately 44khz so I'm guessing Potplayer is forcing them to 48khz & that's why they're sped up. If I unclick "Use only 48000hz for DTS/AC3", I get no sound at all. If I configure Potplayer to re-encode the output to DTS it will play back at the proper speed but the audio is distorted. The only way I can get these files to output in 5.1 at proper speed without distortion is by re-encoding the DTS file to AC3 in real time, but then I assume I'm losing quality by converting, correct?

This wasn't an issue in the past when I had a Xonar U5 with 5.1/spdif support, I'm wondering if it has something to do with 44khz not being natively supported by my new Sound Blaster card? Is there a way in Potplayer to resample the DTS file without changing its speed?

I haven't been able to get 5.1 to output with this soundcard using VLC or MPC at all either if anyone has suggestions there. Here are the settings I'm using in Potplayer:

Last edited by PleaseSendHelp; 4th May 2019 at 17:01.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try to activate IEC61937 feature - it may solve your problem (IEC61937 describe compressed audio encapsulation over S/PDIF also in HMDI but not only), if not try to select other than default pass trough renderer - it is difficult to advise something as all available options are hidden on your pictures (and it can be many pictures to capture to expose every item).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Try to activate IEC61937 feature
    I've tried that as well as several combinations of settings endlessly to no success.

it is difficult to advise something as all available options are hidden on your pictures (and it can be many pictures to capture to expose every item).
    Are there any settings specifically you'd like to see that might help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dts and ac3 at 44.1 is not a allowable rate for most video. someone messed up along the way.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    dts and ac3 at 44.1 is not a allowable rate for most video. someone messed up along the way.
    I know but I was able to use Potplayer before to play these as DTS files at the correct speed.

For instance when I re-encode to AC3, the output reads 48khz but the speed is correct.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    It is uncommon and not recommended but decoder should decode this normally. Old Dolby test suite provide 44.1kHz conformance test files.
    Quote Quote