VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I click on an mp4 file in Explorer (Windows 7 Pro x64 right now), it shows encoding details like bitrate and resolution:

[Attachment 48979 - Click to enlarge]

When I do this with mkv, it just shows normal file details. If I customize the folder to be Videos, the columns don't show video details, and right-clicking the columns to add more columns either don't have the necessary columns or show no info for them when added.

I tried looking for a program that will either make Windows Explorer recognize mkv files as video files and scan the details and show them, or have a right-click context menu item to do this (or run a program to do this)... so far I'm not finding much that isn't overkill or paid or full of malware.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need a Shell Extension that supports MKV. Try Icaros.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need MediaInfo which reads most formats including MKV.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
    Canon G40 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve 16.0b4 -- Dell dual Xeon Workstation - Win 7 Ultimate - 16gb ECC RAM - GTX 650 - Pro Tools 2018.3
    Quote Quote