VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone. a newbie here. i dont know if its the right place to ask this question but i need some guidance on this.
    i am watching some videos on a website which has english subtitles. when i try to download the video the subtitles dont download with it.the subtitles are kind of an overlay on the video.
    i have no knowledge about how subtitles are put on the videos but i really need those subtitles coz i i paid heavy to get those videos and they are not showing when i try to play them on my smart tv or if i screenmirror my ipad. only option is that i use my laptop everytime to watch them.

i want to download them so that i can see them anywhere and dont have to carry my laptop around and maybe have them on a storage device. why i really need those subtitles because the language of the video is alien to me.

i purchased video download helper to download videos but the subtitles are just not downloading.

can anyone please help what can i do to have that video and subtitles too?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know anything about ipads but smart TVs are generally particular about subtitles. For a container such as MKV or MP4 the subtitles would possibly have to be a separate file, and not inside the MP4 or MKV container, and they'd have to be a supported format. You'd have to read the manual for specific requirements.

For MKVs you can extract the subtitles with something like gMKVExtractGUI. I assume the files contain a subtitle stream given you can see them when the video is played on a laptop, but if you referring to playing the original video rather than the downloaded version, then maybe the subtitles weren't downloaded by video download helper.

It might pay to upload a sample.
    Quote Quote