VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have MKV file that contains AVC h264 video file and I would like to convert it to MPEG-4 XviD AVI file. Which free software would allow me to do that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does anyone know if it's possible to set MPEG4 XviD Advanced Simple to Level 5 in Xmedia Recode?
    Quote Quote  
  3. set MPEG4 XviD Advanced Simple to Level 5

MPEG-4 Xvid (MPEG-4 Part 2) is ASP (Advanced Simple Profile). Level 5 is used in AVC (MPEG-4 Part 10)(AVC Levels) so your post makes no sense to me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Image
    [Attachment 48892 - Click to enlarge]

I opened Mediainfo for a video file and it shows that's it L5 (I'm assuming it means Level 5), but when I convert video file to MPEG4 XviD AVI but it shows L1.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If the program gives you acces to the Xvid codec's configuration dialogs you can specify the Profile@Level:

[Attachment 48893 - Click to enlarge]

Otherwise try using VirtualDub2 which gives you access to the configuration dialog.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Really? It seems that most of AVI video is encoded by XviD or DivX codecs. So are you sure the mpeg-4 avi is your desired result?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Xvid and Divx are MPEG 4 Part 2 codecs. AVC/h.264 are MPEG 4 Part 10. Ie, they're all MPEG 4 codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Xvid and Divx are MPEG 4 Part 2 codecs. AVC/h.264 are MPEG 4 Part 10. Ie, they're all MPEG 4 codecs.
    Yeah, you're an expert
    Quote Quote