VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everybody,

when I play my IPTV list in VLC on laptop (wifi connection 50MB/s), I don't experience any buffering issues.
    However when I play it on my SmartTV (both LAN and wifi connection), I experience tremendous numbers of buffering (every 10-15sec or so).

I also made a .m3u8 list with just 3 channels (thinking the list is too heavy for the TV), but no positive results.

Any thoughts? Anyone experienced anything similar?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use an android app to cast to the TV and I asked the developer of the app why this happens.
    He told me typically the TV has a much smaller buffer that apps on the PC. This is a side effect
    of the smaller buffer
    Quote Quote  
  3. That's always been my assumption too.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have the same issue with some channels
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FWIW
    I experienced buffering issues on my ps3 with netflix.
    Turns out that if added a larger hard drive and move some stuff to the hard drive the buffering is gone.

Is it possible to add some extra storage, like a thumb drive to your tv and use that as buffering storage?
    It's just a thought
    Quote Quote  
  6. nope that won't work..
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when I play my IPTV list in VLC on workstation (wireless association 50MB/s), I don't encounter any buffering issues.

Anyway when I play it on my SmartTV (both LAN and wireless association), I experience colossal quantities of buffering (each 10-15sec or somewhere in the vicinity).

I additionally made a .m3u8 list with only 3 channels (thinking the rundown is unreasonably overwhelming for the TV), yet no positive outcomes.

Any contemplations? Anybody encountered anything comparative?
    DigitalOcean SiteGround iPage
    Much obliged to you[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by hannahxx; 6th May 2019 at 20:35.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Fewer links in your m3u8 doesn't matter -- the TV only plays one at a time. Behavior varies when a buffer underflow occurs. Sometimes it's just a minor glitch. But it's not unusual for the player to pause or the picture to be corrupt for several seconds.
    Quote Quote