VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Fuji X-T3 that will shoot F-Log, but I cannot use the supplied LUT as I am on Linux. I would like to create a preset (or presets) in Cinelerra if you can help me understand the data. Please.
    Image Attached Thumbnails F-Log_DataSheet_E_Ver.1.0.pdf  

Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by DeJay View Post
    I have a Fuji X-T3 that will shoot F-Log, but I cannot use the supplied LUT as I am on Linux. I would like to create a preset (or presets) in Cinelerra if you can help me understand the data. Please.
    Why can't you use the LUT ? what type of LUT is it ?

There are linux programs that can apply LUTs eg. shotcut, ffmpeg, vapoursynth
    Quote Quote  
  3. cinelerra gc 2019/03/31 has ffmpeg filter plugins
    https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/Features5.pdf

F_lut3d

F_lut: Compute and apply a lookup table to the RGB/YUV input video.
    F_lut3d: Apply a 3D LUT (lookup table) to an input video. LUTs are used to map one color space to
    another and are frequently supplied with high-end cameras as a .cube file to use as input.
    F_lutrgb: Compute and apply a lookup table to the RGB input video.
    F_lutyuv: Combine and apply a lookup table to the YUV input video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks

The LUT is .cube, so far I am at a loss as to how to get it into Cinelerra. I had looked in the manual, but there is little or no information on the ffmpeg filters and I find the ffmpeg website less than helpful. More my fault than theirs I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  5. drop the plugin on the timeline

10.11.2 How to Use FFmpeg Audio/Video Plugins
    Simply drag and drop the plugin on the timeline.
    F_lut3d: Apply a 3D LUT (lookup table) to an input video. LUTs are used to map one color space to
    another and are frequently supplied with high-end cameras as a .cube file to use as input.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, this is now solved.
    Quote Quote