VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I rewatching some of my videos and I noticed that there was a hissing sound on some of my videos. I am not sure if it is Youtube or just the way I setup my videos but I think I may need to redo some videos again if that is the case. What causes the hissing sound and how do I get rid of it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Upload a short sample or post a YouTube link. Your verbal description is inadequate.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is emulator or real machine capture? If real machine capture i would check for power supply quality, perhaps something wrong with cabling - this granular noise is quite common in audio sources with insufficient decoupling analogue part from digital.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There's no hissing sound for me in that video.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I hear both the hiss and, during pauses, the buzz. Both indicate to me that the output level was set too low and therefore the gain on the recording device had to be turned way up. See if you can increase the volume on the video game before recording.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    I hear both the hiss and, during pauses, the buzz. Both indicate to me that the output level was set too low and therefore the gain on the recording device had to be turned way up. See if you can increase the volume on the video game before recording.
    It looks like I will have to mess with the settings to see what works. I may need to redo the videos again or should I redownload the videos and just use a program to remove the noise?

This is emulator or real machine capture? If real machine capture i would check for power supply quality, perhaps something wrong with cabling - this granular noise is quite common in audio sources with insufficient decoupling analogue part from digital.
    It is on emulator but I am playing on an old machine.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
    Then i assume you should have no noise at all unless this noise is integral part of audio signal path...
    My assumption s based on fact that you perform capture fully in digital domain.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
    Then i assume you should have no noise at all unless this noise is integral part of audio signal path...
    I am going to check to see if my audio settings are good. It might something wrong with the emulator I used.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
    I am going to check to see if my audio settings are good. It might something wrong with the emulator I used.
    To me it sounds like typical quantization noise however based on noise colour i would say it is not correlated with samples i.e. audio, i hear similar noise on my headphones during display scrolling, HDD activity i.e. it looks more related to power supply than audio itself. This is confusing...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you might be right but I better check on my emulator first before I do anything.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    There's no hissing sound for me in that video.
    Are you sure? Cause I thought I heard it when I watched it.

@Pandy

I think that problem was my emulator as I record another video and it turned out fine. I think it might had been an issue with the software and some problems with the power supply. I cleaned up my loft so I think it worked better now.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    It's not hiss. It's complex noise that I would describe as more of a trill. Reminds me of microprocessor noise leaking into the audio, very common in old microcomputers.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    It's not hiss. It's complex noise that I would describe as more of a trill. Reminds me of microprocessor noise leaking into the audio, very common in old microcomputers.
    The computer I used was a decade old at this point. I do have a laptop with Win 10 though.
    Quote Quote