VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes you are right , probably audio over IP and no record at all.
    Perhaps Stamatiski can give more detail about the audio pc processing he is doing and applications and workflow used.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Exactly!
    The purpose is streaming audio, only. Not even recording.

This is a photo to show you how I used to transmit HDMI audio up to now
    [Attachment 51843 - Click to enlarge]

This is a 7.1 DAC which has been modified.
    The audio is captured right before the analog section in i2S format. A i2s to SPDIF transceiver was giving the 8 LPCM channels in 4 SPDIF pairs.

But under the light of AoIP this is not enough for my needs anymore.

The OPPO 95 has two HDMI outputs and you can configure to use the one for video and the other for audio. Once the stream is received WITH identifiable windows drivers PER CHANNEL, then DANTE VIA should be able to translate them into DANTE protocol.
    [Attachment 51841 - Click to enlarge]

Then the signal can be sent to virtually infinite destinations through this matrix DANTE controller
    [Attachment 51842 - Click to enlarge]

I need this signal management to pass the signal simultaneously to various processors. My main DIY topic of interest has to do with active speakers. That is a whole other chapter beyond the scope of this thread so I would not want to add more irrelevant information

So, long story short: Once I can transmit successfully the 8 LPCM channels signal straight to my PC, I can stream it and MANAGE it.
    I hope I gave you the picture.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DANTE VIA.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	549.9 KB
ID:	51840  

Last edited by stamatiski; 4th Feb 2020 at 02:38.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry to bother you again guys but could someone please post a screenshot of the Megawell drivers (deployed) as they appear on windows device manager and windows sound control panel?
    Do they appear as separate channels or as single device?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure if it's exactly what you do want but I made some screenshots from device manager, recording devices and audio options in Vdub2 related to Magewell pro Hdmi. The magewell has two audio capture pins and you need an application that can connect to the WDM that is the one that does multi channel (8) if the application do connect to the other pin you will have only audio down mixed to stereo 2 channels.

Edit: Add the two capture pins info zip file
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by FLP437; 4th Feb 2020 at 14:13.
    Quote Quote  
  5. THANK YOU so much!
    I just wanted to understand how windows acomodate the device. I believe that it will do the job. I am ordering the card tonight.
    Just explain to me please: which application exactly has to be started for mch operation? Is it included in SDK folders? Could I script it so as to run with windows permanently?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can be wrong as Im no audio expert, but I think that to use a multi channel audio feature it will be needed:

1- Hardware support
    2- Driver support
    3- Application support

The problem it's to me the application itself that needs to support the feature and the wdm driver support in this case to support the Magewell card that do support this feature natively.

As I view the situation but I can be wrong , I think there isnt a specific application that must me started to initiate multi-channel support , it is supported natively by the Magewell card, and what you do need is an application that do support multi-channel and wdm audio class devices.

The applications that I know that can connect to the wdm audio capture pin are the utility multiaudiocapture that comes as an example in the SDK, the Magewell capture express application that is provided for free to capture and stream video and audio multi-channel ( only mp4 and AAC), virtualDub2,and FFmpeg. There are a large list of magewell compatible software for capture and streaming perhaps some of them will do multi-channel, but I dont know.

If the application only supports wasapi, direct sound or MME it will connect I think to a specific capture pin in the Magewell and it will be limited to stereo 2 channel , if the application does support wdm and multi channel itself it will probably connect to the magewell wdm pin and you will get multi-channel support.

shekh the virtualdub 2 developer as made the necessary modifications to VDub2 to support wdm audio class devices and Magewell cards in particular perhaps if you contact him he can clarify what is necessary to connect to the magewell wdm capture pin to assure a successful connection for using multi channel.
    Perhaps Dante Via does support wdm and can connect directly to the magewell wdm pin?

GraphStudioNext also does support the Magewell Wdm pin connection and perhaps you can use it for your purpose .It's a graphical environment where you can design and test different workflows ( see an example for capture some posts before and a new oneImage
    [Attachment 51863 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by FLP437; 4th Feb 2020 at 19:59. Reason: graphstudioNext inclusion
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm reading this but I'm not sure how I can help. Not everything needs to be directshow though. Some tool that declares magewell sdk support exists? Don't be confused by wdm an pins - this is directshow stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  8. After FLP437's screenshots I concluded that in my case the card could work even out of the box.
    Anyway, I ordered the card.
    I will post the results.

FLP437, you are always very analytical and willing to help. Many thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello again,
    the card has arrived, I installed it. Works fine.
    However the news for the 8 channel output are not good for me.
    No matter what method I tried the card will either output front L/R channels or downmix to 2 channels.Image
    [Attachment 52033 - Click to enlarge]

Which is a shame really because the 8 channels ARE THERE! You can even see their waveforms!
    In terms of output the Capture pro is recognized as 2 channel device.
    I cannot get it to be recognized as 8 channel audio.
    I can see that the 8 channels are being succesfully captured but I take as output only the front left/right when using Capture Express or MultiAudioCapture.
    Using the DS graph I get a downmixed 2 channel output.

Again, pls see the second screenshot in Dante Controller, where even the JRiver Media Center, which is merely a software engine, can be recognized as 6 channel device, and it works pretty well too.

What really puzzles me is the fact that even using the SDK included 'MultiAudioCapture' example, the multichannel LPCM signals are being captured succesfully but only the front 2 are destined to the output.

I had a look at the multichannel enabling directions but I am not a developer, I am a field-application guy, so I can hardly read these, let alone to understand them.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what might be happening.
    Recording works fine with several tools multiaudiocapture, magewell capture express, virtualdub2 , graph studio next, etc
    Have in mind that there are two audio capture pins in the card and for multi channel audio only the wdm do works.
    Perhaps dante and other applications are connecting to the default pin that doesn't do multichannel.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image 1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	964.3 KB
ID:	52041  

Quote Quote  
  11. Finally!
    After a frustrating period I found the solution. This magic driver which, apparently, was quite ironycally already on this site https://www.videohelp.com/software/Multichannel-ASIO-DirectShow-Renderer
    [Attachment 52216 - Click to enlarge]

The driver when loaded will present not just 8 but 16 channels on my DANTE controller. All channels are normally seperated, it is a true multichannel streamer and, moreover, it is ASIO.
    BUT
    There still is another serious problem. After some time of operation (15 maybe 20 minutes) the sound gets distorted. It starts with fragmented pops and clicks and soon enough becomes seriously distorted, as if you play in very high levels.
    I have to stop the studiographnext, close it down and open it again. After relaunching the sound is perfect again, then after some minutes you start to get pops and clicks > distortion etc...
    It is as if you try to reproduce an audio file with very small buffer size and the device cannot handle it.
    Any clues?

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure if the problem was overcome or not because there are two conflicting information, this one in the videohelp identifying problems and another one on the blog of the driver developer post by you where everything is apparently solved.

Assuming this is the more up to date info and you are really experiencing problems after some time could it happens that the driver is the solution and the problem simultaneously?

Reading the driver developer blog could it be that you are using settings that the driver cant cope with ? For instance they do say The renderer uses WdlResampler from NAudio library, and as such in sinc-mode it is too slow to cope with 192kHz .

There are also indications on the same blog of problems with lav filters after 25 min which seems to have some similarity with the indicated problem, others seem to have minimized the problem with the insertion of the filter Asio 4ll in the setting of the filter rather than using it directly ( the external sound card brings a little better sound no cracks, but always a phase shift).

If I were you I will put the situation directly to the driver developer to see if he can identify the problem.
    Last edited by FLP437; 5th Mar 2020 at 09:20.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks for your answer!

After some thought research and tests I am looking into this https://github.com/cplussharp/graph-studio-next/issues/291
    I think problems in stable reference clocking is the main reason also for the other similar issues (including phase shifts)
    Stop and restart the filter in Graphstudionext and you have perfect sound/channel separation/phase, until the point that small repeated clocking errors are being accumulated with all the unwanted results. This point is not specific. Could take 2 minutes of operation, sometimes 10 minutes of operation or more.

Apart from the fact that I am using 8 channels I don't think I am pushing the driver to its edge as I operate @ fixed 48khz.

I will look at it again, try to gather evidence if possible and then I will contact the developer.

Do you agree that clocking could be the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I am streaming @ 8 channels for a couple of hours now with this configuration.
    No phase shifts.
    No glitches or other distortion at all.
    I will report again.Image
    [Attachment 52375 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  15. No, it is not fixed.
    It is surely much-much better, but definately not fixed.
    Phase shifts may occur again. The frequency they appear does not compare with the previous mess. But they'll come at some point again. Rare pops appear too.
    Quote Quote  
  16. New configuration.
    Approx 6-7 hours of streaming witho NO phase shifts, just very rare pops, in fact none during the last hour.
    [Attachment 52380 - Click to enlarge]

However, there seems to be enormous processing as shown there in sync correction. Cpu usage 7% to 8% (!) and my processor is an i7 7700K..
    Yes, I can definatelly listen to the music.
    No, this can't be a permanent solution.
    It is a sync problem.
    I will send my findings to the developer.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New version Multichannel ASIO Renderer 3.1*

supposedly it does includes fixes for phase shift and crackling issues. Perhaps this new version solves yours problems.
    Quote Quote