VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    so i have a paid subscription to dvdfab blu ray copier. tried doing my first copy and the rip comes out jittery. its not the burn, its the rip because I've checked the playback on the rip. i do have the latest version. i remember version 8 being so much better. i haven't used this in years so i decided to update. there's really not much in settings i change as well. all help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does your graphics card have the latest driver update ??
    Last edited by october262; 18th Apr 2019 at 23:08.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    it says the best driver is already installed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    my rips and burns were never an issue on version 8
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, try clicking common settings - AV codec - tic "disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" everything will switch to software.
    restart dvdfab and retry your disc again and see if it comes out jittery.

what is your playback device ??
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    just got home from work. will try now with these settings. my playback device is an xbox one and a region free blu ray player just for the region a titles.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    geez took me long enough to find common settings haha. ok ive ticked disable all in the av codec setting. ripping now. already a new update came through as well. 11.0.2.6
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    im trying full disc and so far it has ripped a few trailers and menu screens. i can report that the trailers are jitter FREE. will report in an hour or so after the full disc is done. if successful, i think this thread should be sticky.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    well, all the short videos (trailers) and bonus features came out jitter free, however, the film itself was still jittery. so short videos are ok and long videos are not??
    Last edited by kn5150; 19th Apr 2019 at 22:11.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    [Attachment 48754 - Click to enlarge]

thought id show this in case ive done anything wrong
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like you need to get a better graphics card.
    see here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-copy.htm?trackID=headmenu2#tech_specs
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    maybe so, but why in version 8 i never had jitters? did the system requirements move up a few levels since then?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i believe so, in order to take advantage of the new hardware like the new graphics cards & computer chips
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    so i finally bought a video card. nvidia geforce gt 1030. ive installed the driver, updated the driver, howeverImage
    [Attachment 49058 - Click to enlarge]
    [/ATTACH]Image
    [Attachment 49055 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 49056 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 49057 - Click to enlarge]

is there a setting i may have missed? sorry for being a noob but its the first time ive bought a video card.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kn5150 View Post
    so i finally bought a video card. nvidia geforce gt 1030. ive installed the driver, updated the driver, howeverImage
    [Attachment 49058 - Click to enlarge]
    [/ATTACH]Image
    [Attachment 49055 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 49056 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 49057 - Click to enlarge]

is there a setting i may have missed? sorry for being a noob but its the first time ive bought a video card.
    try disabling / uninstalling the HD graphics card and see if dvdfab will see the new graphics card.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    [Attachment 49067 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 49068 - Click to enlarge]

..disabled it and now this..
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-16_11-09-11.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	49065  

Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried using that new graphics and see what it does ??
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    have you tried using that new graphics and see what it does ??
    im not understanding this question sorry
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried using dvdfab with the new graphics card ??
    also go into the general settings area and click the factory default reset button
    in the lower left corner of the general settings area. this will reset dvdfab back to the default settings.
    restart dvdfab to apply changes.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    yep still jittery
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try using the BDFix tool - https://www.dvdfab.cn/bdfix.htm
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    no matter what setting ive tried it still comes out jittery. its only the main movie that has the jitters. all bonus features come out perfect. ive tried both 32 bit and 64bit dvdfab and still jitters main movie. default settings, jitters. disable all gpu codecs and still jitter. disable intel hd graphics, jitters. can someone post a pic of their working settings? my video card is a nvidia geforce gt1030. is my card even enough for dvdfab? sorry if i sound like im complaining but damn its frustrating. i even went as far to format my pc and start from scratch
    Last edited by kn5150; 17th May 2019 at 08:29.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Just so I'm clear, the playback on ALL your devices - PC, Bluray and Xbox - are all jittery?

If you bring up the Task manager while DVD Fab is doing it's thing, is there a lot of activity going on in the background by other processes? If you just rip the disc to your hard drive, does that play OK? Does the disc play OK in your PC's bluray drive? Have you tried running a lens cleaning disc several times in your PC's bluray drive? (and probably the other devices as well for good measure.) Do you have security software installed? Have you tried disconnecting from the internet and temporarily disabling it while you rip/encode/burn etc.? If that works then you may have to add DVD Fab etc. and the folders it uses to your security program's ignore list.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    heres what im doing. im ripping full br disc to bd25. a lot of films have bonus features etc, they rip perfect with no jitter. the main movie or the longest part of the disc is what comes out jittery. i playback the ripped files/streams on vlc. only the longest file/stream is jittery. all the bonus features like trailers, making of, docos etc.. are all perfect. for futher proof, i burn the full disc rip which is just under 25gb to a bdr25 and play it back on both my xbox and stand alone player and guess what, the film is jittery, the bonus features are not. its in the ripping process that is causing my issue. this is why im asking can anyone take a screenshot of their working dvdfab settings so i can compare with my settings to see if im doing something wrong. ive attached my system setup.

[Attachment 49073 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 49074 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 49075 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 49076 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    did you post your dvdfab internal log files and your fabcheck log files like signals asked for in the
    dvdfab forum ?? the developers will be able to provide better help.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    no i havent done that yet
    Quote Quote  
  27. So, are you ripping & re-encoding directly from the disc? What happens if you just rip (copy) to the hard drive? Does the copy play OK? If it does then can you re-encode from that ripped copy and see how that plays? It may help to narrow down where in the process the problem is occurring.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    im ripping the disc to the hard drive and the problem is still there
    Quote Quote  
  29. Surely, if you're just ripping and no encoding is taking place then the video should be exactly the same as was on the disc, or am I missing something? Presumably there are DVDFab user forums? Is anyone else there reporting similar issues?
    Quote Quote