VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, I got a real annoying issue here. Every time a new file is played, it captures window focus. I tried the "Don't get focus when started with a file" setting, but for a split second it still captures focus. Lately I have been playing an audiobook while working with notepad. The result is, every time a chapter ends and the next mp3 file is played, if I am typing, Potplayer captures whatever I was typing, sometimes with no warning at all! It can have unknown effects, forcing me to consider what I was typing and reverse it, or kill Potplayer and re-open it, and find my place again, preventing settings being saved. I can't just change programs, Daum Potplayer is otherwise too excellent in every way, other programs like VLC can't compare, but I can't keep going on like this, the last time I tried loading a video, the image was backwards, and everything was black and white, among other things. Sometimes my entire setting file can even be reset to default!
    Quote Quote  
  2. i had the problem for a while too and figured out that you can disable that option under preferences>General then disable: donīt get focus when started with a file
    and apply. that should solve the problem
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by anumiri View Post
    i had the problem for a while too and figured out that you can disable that option under preferences>General then disable: donīt get focus when started with a file
    and apply. that should solve the problem
    Lol you didn't read the question dude, only the title. I already tried that. The issue is even with that setting enabled it still captures the window, but only for a sec, then enables the pop-under feature. And if I happen to be typing during that split second it fully captures the window and I usually type a bunch of shit before I notice.
    Quote Quote