VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,
    I have different video files.

I want to combine this into single one using ffmpeg.
    i am using the following command

ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i inputs.txt -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mp4

in the inputs.txt i have given the list of the names of the files to be combined
    as
    file file1.mp4
    file file2.mp4

when i run the above command it is giving me a video much greater than the sum of the original video lengths and from second video onwards the audio is muted or corrupted.

can some some one help me in fixing this issue.

Regards
    Kamalakar
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can't be done. One audio has to be reencoded to match the sample rate of the other.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Actually both the videos are same but i changed the audio of one file with another audio file using another audio file by using ffmpeg command
    I have arrived at file1 by replacing the audio of file2 with the audio of new_audio.mp3 file attached.

ffmpeg -i withsound.mp4 -i new_audio.mp3 -map 0:0 -map 1:0 -c:v copy -c:a aac -b:a 256k -shortest OUTPUT1.mp4

so instead of replacing the audio of one video with another audio file can we reencode the audio before replacing the audio of the video so that i can merge both the videos.

can some one help me how to renconde the audio of new_audio.mp3 in ffmpeg
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. -ar 44.1k to change the sample rate

Replace audio in file1.mp4 with 44.1Khz version , to produce "file1b.mp4"
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i file1.mp4 -i new_audio.mp3 -map 0:0 -map 1:0 -c:v copy -c:a aac -b:a 256k -ar 44.1k -shortest file1b.mp4
    new concat list
    Code:
    file file1b.mp4
    file file2.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is working. Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Dear all,
    I am trying to club two types of files. One is in english and another is the translated portion of the english video in telugu.
    Telugu video follows the english video

It worked when only one english and telugu files are given are given for concatenation. But when i give english1.mp4,telugu1.mp4 and english2.mp4and telugu.mp4 in this sequence, the video's audio is getting muted when english2 portion of the mp4 is playing. and audio is resumed when telugu2 portion is played
    This is happening in VLC while the media player is playing the video properly with out muting any portion of the video. do i need to do any setting changes in VLC so that it plays the audio without muting.

I am using this command to combine four files

ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i inputs.txt -vcodec copy -acodec copy output_851.mp4

the input.txt has the following names

file '1_english.mp4'
    file '1_tr.mp4'
    file '3_english.mp4'
    file '3_tr.mp4'

English MP4 files has the following parameters

Bit Rate = 96kbps
    No of Channels = 2 channels
    Audi Sample rate= 44khz

the tr mp4 files has the following parameters

Bit Rate = 144kbps
    No of Channels = 1 channel(mono)
    Audi Sample rate= 44khz

I have replace the english audio with telugu audio by using the following command in ffmpeg in telugu.mp4 file

for %%g in (*mp3) do echo ffmpeg -i %%~ng%inputvideo_prefix%.mp4 -i %%g -map 0:0 -map 1:0 -c:v copy -c:a aac -ar 44.1k -shortest %%~ng%outputvideo_prefix%.mp4

I have uploaded the split_video.mp4 which is a portion of the final video. kindly play it in VLC and Windows media player and see the difference.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote