VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a video in MKV that starts with this annoying, loud buzzy noise. Is there a way I can remove or reduce the noise volume to a more bearable level? Or I can only get rid of it by cutting the initial seconds with that noise? TIA.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'd extract the video and audio from the mkv. edit the audio and then merge them back to mkv.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    i'd extract the video and audio from the mkv. edit the audio and then merge them back to mkv.
    How can I do that?

I have here on my Windows 10 Pro system:

DVDFab 11.0.2.4 (x64)
    HandBrake 1.2.2 (portable)
    Inviska MKV Extract 7.0 Portable
    mkvtoolnix-64-bit-32.0.0 / MKVExtractGUI2
    Format Factory 4.6.0.0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mkvextractgui2 save out the audio and video. download audacity(it's a free audio editor). open the audio in audacity, mark out the bad section, reduce the volume there or use a fade in a couple times to reduce the noise. use mkvtoolnix to load the video and audio files and create a new mkv.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you install the ffmpeg source plugin for Audacity you don't need to demux the audio from the source MVK file. It can import the audio directly from the MKV.

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/faq_installing_the_ffmpeg_import_export_library.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    jajabo beat me to it! what the man said is the simplest!
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 64bit ~ Yamaha RX-A1070 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you're only go to use Audacity this one time, it's easier to demux the audio track to edit it. Installing the ffmpeg source filter is a little tricky. On the other hand, if you think you might be using Audacity more in the future it's worth the trouble to install the source filter.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also use Mkvmerge and cut to the first key frame which is usually 5 seconds,no need to use any other editors unless the first few seconds contains video you don't want to cut out.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    You can also use Mkvmerge and cut to the first key frame which is usually 5 seconds,no need to use any other editors unless the first few seconds contains video you don't want to cut out.
    That's the best fix if it doesn't remove wanted video. I have seen this initial bzzz caused by trimming the start of an mkv file to a non-key frame.
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used Inviska MKV Extract 7.0 Portable to extract the English audio, which was an MPEG-2 Advanced Audio Coding file, and the video, which was an H264 file.

When I played the audio alone, there was no such noise. So I took these two files and created a new MP4 using HandBrake 1.2.2 (portable). It was not necessary to edit the audio. Now I have the MP4 playing without that annoying noise.

The problem is solved and now I know why the noise is there if I play the original MKV. It has three audio tracks:

- Video_Audio01.ac3
    - Video_Audio02.ac3
    - Video_Audio03.aac

The first file on the list, which plays when I start the video, is the one with the noise. It's an original Brazilian Portuguese dub.
    Quote Quote