VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Swivel is a SWF-to-video converter, and, as far as I can tell, really the only solution for anyone who has a SWF, wants to export a video from it (as opposed to capturing a video in progress), and lacks the original FLA that was used to generate the SWF. It is decidedly a work-in-progress app, given that many of the SWFs I throw at it cannot even be rendered successfully, but I can't knock it too harshly since it seems to be the only software on the planet that can do what it does when it works.

Happily, it has the option to export as "Uncompressed AVI", and for my purposes I happen to need raw video. The built-in H.264 encoder is obviously not multipass, I want to maintain 4:4:4 chroma, and I'd rather use H.265 these days anyway.

Unfortunately, none of my players can do anything with whatever format the "Uncompressed AVI" comes in. They identify it as "fourcc BGR[square]", where the "square" is an unknown character substituted with a square symbol. Google doesn't help with this. MediaInfo recognizes it as a video, doesn't specify a codec... I assume that means it thinks it's raw, but that doesn't suddenly enable e.g. Avisynth to do anything with it.

Here is a tiny video clip exported from Swivel in this format.

https://mega.nz/#!O7wW0SyC!t8_Ciasu0_DlpxGmN9bPXoCfJsY4P-_a7DcMHErL_cU

Hopefully somebody has luck with this. Since it does seem to be a video codec with an honest to goodness label, I'm sure the experts here will know what to do with it. Incidentally, there really isn't a forum to speak of for people who want to troubleshoot this app. Newgrounds created it, but nobody talks about it, and most references to the app are out of date.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The fourcc code is "BGR". That last character is 0x18 or 24 decimal, the ASCII Cancel character. I don't know if the colors are right but VirtualDub2 opens the video and shows:

[Attachment 48663 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    VirtualDub2 opens the video
    All I needed, thanks. Didn't even know there was a VDub2.
    Quote Quote