VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

I have a bunch of DTS-MA audio tracks from a Blu-Ray (96Hz 24 bit) that I'm trying to convert to 96Hz FLAC using Audacity. When imported, I believe Audacity is only seeing the DTS core track as the project rate automatically shows 48Hz.

However, when importing Dolby TrueHD 96Hz audio, the project rate automatically shows 96Hz. I'm assuming this is because Dolby TrueHD does not contain a core.

I prefer Audacity, but if anyone knows of another application that will do this please let me know.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Audacity v2.0.6
    Windows 10
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried updating Audacity to a recent version + getting the latest ffmpeg plugin? ffmpeg does have a decoder for DTS-HD MA, maybe your version is simply too old.

Otherwise you can use ffmpeg directly to convert to FLAC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Have you tried updating Audacity to a recent version + getting the latest ffmpeg plugin? ffmpeg does have a decoder for DTS-HD MA, maybe your version is simply too old.

Otherwise you can use ffmpeg directly to convert to FLAC.
    No, I havent updated Audacity. I also posted on the Audacity forums & was told that the program will only work with the core DTS track. I ended up using eac3to to convert to FLAC though.
    Quote Quote