VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. With Debut free, this is very easy just by moving the cursors to the part of the window that you want to capture. But I couldn't figure out how to do that with OBS Studio. The tutorial says to just make the video full screen, and then capture the whole window, but I don't want to do that. I believe it takes more cpu power to play/ record the video in full screen, and I don't have much cpu power.
    Quote Quote  
  2. deleted
    Last edited by David Banner; 9th Apr 2019 at 16:47.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I just started using this program. So I am not sure if this will work. You need to add a capture source. It looks like one of them is for capturing just a window.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Add "Display Capture" as a source
    Right click on "Display Capture" and select "Filters"
    Click on the "+" and select the "Crop/Pad" filter.
    Change the values of left, top, right, and bottom values to crop the portion of the screen wanted.

If you want a 1 to 1 pixel mapping on the output video to the cropped image then you need to set the base resolution to match the pixel width and height of the cropped portion. From the main window, select File, Settings, Video to get to where the base canvas can changed. By default, the output resolution will change to be the same.

For example, for a 1920 x 1080 display resolution with cropping values as shown below:

100 left
    200 top
    1300 right
    600 bottom

The output resolution should be:

1920-100-1300 = 520 width
    1080-200-600 = 280 height

After setting when back to the main menu, make sure the image preview size matches the shown output canvas. If not then resize the image by clicking on it. A red box around the image will appear that can be resized to match the canvas.

You don't need to set the output canvas size to the cropped image size but if you don't you will need resize as noted about.
    Quote Quote