VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to try subbing anime, but the only raws I found are fmp4 or ogm format, and it won't open. I get this http://prntscr.com/n9kpg9 message. I tried ogm to avi converter, didn't work at all. How do I convert the file to normal format that Aegisub recognizes and opens?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    As you can read, Aegisub tries different attempts, but all fail: Even both an internal FFmpeg reader and DirectShow. So I wonder if you are dealing with a corrupt file.

Can you play it in any media player? Can you show us a MediaInfo header analysis? (MPC-HC contains one in its info dialog, Shift+F10)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, it works perfectly on MPC and VLC players.

Here's the short ver of Shift + F10 in video itself: Video: FMP4 640x480 29.97fps [V: mpeg4 simple profile, yuv420p, 640x480]
    Audio: MP3 48000Hz stereo 128kbps [A: Japanese [Japanese[jpn]] (mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s)]
    Audio: MP3 48000Hz stereo 128kbps [A: English [English[eng]] (mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s)]

And the long info when right-clicking on file and accessing MediaInfo:

General
    Complete name : C:\Users\admin\Downloads\1 - Indigo League\047 - Lucky no karute (Jap+Eng).ogm
    Format : Ogg
    File size : 178 MiB
    Duration : 19 min 30 s
    Overall bit rate : 1 275 kb/s

Video
    ID : 0 (0x0)
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Simple@L1
    Format settings, BVOP : No
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Codec ID : FMP4
    Bit rate : 958 kb/s
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 29.970 (29970/1000) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.104
    Stream size : 134 MiB (75%)
    Writing library : FFmpeg0.4.9-pre1b4747

Audio #1
    ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Format settings : Joint stereo / MS Stereo
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Stream size : 17.9 MiB (10%)
    Writing library : libVorbis 1.0 (UTC 2002-07-17)
    Language : Japanese

Audio #2
    ID : 2 (0x2)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Format settings : Joint stereo / MS Stereo
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Stream size : 17.9 MiB (10%)
    Writing library : libVorbis 1.0 (UTC 2002-07-17)
    Language : English
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    OK. Both players have their own decoders. So there may be decoders missing for applications which rely on any decoders installed in your system.

Try to install LAV Filters and see if that helps. They should at least cover the DirectShow API.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, it worked. I get this http://prntscr.com/n9zysi warning now, but not sure how it actually impacts the video yet. Thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    A better fix may be to remultiplex that clip, either with ffmpeg (using one of the "-codec copy" variants, into either OGM again or into MKV) or with MKVtoolnix into MKV. By remultiplexing into a fresh container, such converters will scan the contained streams and determine important values for codecs, but will not recode the content, thus will not degrade quality.

Unfortunately, the syntax of ffmpeg is complex, I am not very experienced here. So try first if remultiplexing to MKV with MKVtoolnix works in a way that the ffmpeg decoder in Aegisub can read that without errors. Until then, maybe someone else can give you a complete command line suggestion for ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I used mkvtoolnix and it worked, but how do you get multiple videos remultiplexed? I tried uploading all files, but it only does one file and stops, and if I click to rmp again, it does the same file again, so I have to upload one episode, rmp it, delete it from list and upload another episode
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Batch processing is preferably a command line task. Often used with the "FOR %" loop command.

If you open several sources in the MKVtoolnixGUI, it assumes you want to combine them into one output file; the GUI seems not suitable for an automated generation of a job queue (except I missed the quirk how to do that).
    Quote Quote