VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    I have yet to find any solutions on the topic, as I guess most people simply aren't doing this, so iif you have any suggestions, please let me know your thoughts.

Running this off my Dell Server to South Central Cable TV channel 24/7 and there is a lot of flicker and hard to explain almost slow refreshing of video in various parts between frames? Footage is 1080p (CBR 15mbs) scaling to 720p (CBR see FFMPEG)

$ ffmpeg
    -re
    -i playlist1.txt
    -s 1280x720
    -b:v 12000k
    -b:a 384k
    -bufsize 24000k
    -maxrate 12384k
    -f mpegts "udp://225.254.1.XXX:XXX4?pkt_size=188&buffer_size=65535"

Also instead of converting the .mp4 from Davinci output through FFMPEG to MPEG2 TS, I am batching them to MPEG2.TS with XMedia Recode. Tried a bunch of settings, but that doesn't help. And of course the video looks great on local PC play. Obviously its on the transport end, and probably something that could be improved I am guessing on my FFMPEG command structure?

Ask any additional questions as needed, standing by...

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try adding the following:

Code:
    -vcodec mpeg2video

-r 59.94

-pix_fmt yuv420p

-acodec mp2

-vf  scale=out_color_matrix=bt709:out_range=limited   -color_primaries bt709  -color_trc bt709  -colorspace bt709

-muxrate 6.0M
    As the resolution is 1280x720, can we assume the original material is progressive scan?

Find out what other services might be running on this channel, i.e. subchannels.

-muxrate will nail down your bandwidth to a constant 6.0 Mbps.

Are you using MediaInfo to examine your files?

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Good luck!
    Last edited by chris319; 15th Jun 2019 at 18:58.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think many people have simply given up on cable TV and therefore are not looking for any solutions to this issue. Personally, I gave up cable TV for a long time because it is not profitable. I had to pay a lot of money for it and it wasn't worth it. Fortunately I found at https://yourmoneygeek.com alternatives to cable TV and switched to streaming. Now I pay several times less money and can watch what I want without advertising
    Last edited by AlbertS7; 9th Mar 2020 at 14:28.
    Quote Quote