VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, I'm a newbie to this forum. I'm wondering if anyone still knows or have a macrovision 2 remover device? I have tried RXII and Sima CSS-2. The RXII cannot remove the macrovision from the vhs tapes I have. The Sima CSS-2 can, yet it softens the image. If anyone still have such a device for recommendation, please throw it at me. Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Datavideo TBC-1000.
    Big bucks now.
    I think any true TBC will do it, but I will happily (well, maybe not happily) accept correction.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    AVTool AV-8710 works.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Macrovision is nothing more than an artificial video error, and requires the same devices (TBCs) to remove naturally-occurring video errors.

But not all TBCs are created equal, specific units are needed with VHS.

Note that even the AVT-8710 has both good and flawed versions, so any AVT-8710 is not desired. Specific ones are required.

Sima was low-end devices that rarely worked as marketed. Those are not TBCs.

Also avoid the Grex, serious flawed, harms video quality, and equally doesn't always remove protections. It's not a TBC.

TBCs were always "big bucks"*, but on average pricing has actually come down. Some models are actually more costly used than new, but adjusted for inflation not really. (*Video, photo, and audio have never really been cheap, and TBCs aren't any different from nice cameras lenses. This isn't the kind of gear you'd find in Best Buy or Walmart, so adjust pricing expectations accordingly.)
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 7th Apr 2019 at 00:41.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote