VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My gamecapture device allows me to capture in either M2TS or MP4. However, MP4 takes some time to process videos while M2TS takes only one second. So is that mean MP4 has better quality than M2TS? Does capturing in different file format have difference in picture display?
    Quote Quote  
  2. No. Your device captures as M2TS. If you elect to use MP4 it first captures as M2TS then remuxes to MP4. That extra step takes a while -- depending on the size of the cap and the speed of your drive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess the remuxing does not re-encode the video part ? it only re arranges the audio and video tracks in the type of file ? will one or the other have a differrent workload on the processing in the player/computer ?
    I know the M2TS file format is also used in recording video camera's....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Eric-jan View Post
    I guess the remuxing does not re-encode the video part ? it only re arranges the audio and video tracks in the type of file ?
    That's correct.

Originally Posted by Eric-jan View Post
    will one or the other have a differrent workload on the processing in the player/computer ?
    I know the M2TS file format is also used in recording video camera's....
    Not really. M2TS has more overhead than MP4 so it's maybe 5 percent larger. MP4 has wider support when it comes to different devices.
    Quote Quote